web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Floyd Offline OP
OP Offline
OK, so my bosses told me to take the "old" IDS 42 out of mothballs and "power it up" for the new business.

It has gremlins.

My bosses say it had Auto Attendant capability but when I access it with my level8 password it says 'access denied' and there was never voice mail on it.

It also can answer incoming phone calls but it did for one day have dial tone to make outgoing, now it does not - just air.

In case you can help, I did put all in group 37 (presumably the auto attendant group), and the screen states version V42/84-4.0.3.

Thanks for any help,
Floyd

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

pvj Offline
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
If it has the auto attendant feature enabled it will say that on the main programming menu screen as ATT as an option.Without that then it won't.It may be that the memory has totally defaulted from bering mothballed and you lost the download.
Are you saying that you cannot make outgoing calls?That may be because you are using trunk group keys and not all the trunks are active so you're picking up a "dead" member of the trunk group.You can assign direct keys to the sets for the lines or try dial accessing 9001,9002 etc.If you don't have the auto attendant option loaded then you should program the ringing on the sets that you want to ring.

Floyd Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally posted by pvj:
If it has the auto attendant feature enabled it will say that on the main programming menu screen as ATT as an option.Without that then it won't.

It does not.

It may be that the memory has totally defaulted from bering mothballed and you lost the download.

It was unplugged for more than two years (I found out later) and nobody could tell me that they remember that they had it.

.... not all the trunks are active so you're picking up a "dead" member of the trunk group.You can assign direct keys to the sets for the lines or try dial accessing 9001,9002 etc.

The station programming was scrambled by one of my workers, but after putting it back in order, it worked fine. Thanks for the memory jar.

If you don't have the auto attendant option loaded then you should program the ringing on the sets that you want to ring.

1) Do you know if the auto attendant option still available?

2) Where on the menu(s) do you set the ringing of the individual phones?

Thanks again.
Floyd

pvj Offline
If you need the auto attendant feature then you must get it downloaded to the system.Look for AABLE Communications they can apparently activate features.Please note they will charge for it unless you previously have paid for it.In that case if they can find a record of you having the download before they might reload it for you but I can't guarantee that.
As for ringing it is assigned on the A screen station programming on a per station basis.Same for programming keys on the sets if you need to do that.My guess if it's been sitting for 2 years without power then the memory will have bben wiped out and that's why you no longer have the ATT feature loaded.

You should be able to get features downloaded from Aable Communications, for a fee of course.
We must have been typing at the same time.

------------------
Executone Telephone Repair
Isoetec Telephone Repair

[This message has been edited by paul144 (edited October 08, 2004).]

Floyd Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you both for your replies and help.
Floyd

JJ Offline
Also, if you are going to use autoattendent you need a DVA(Digital voice announcer). I woukld just program lines to ring to phones and hookup a answering machine to yhe first two lines.

Good Luck!!

If all else fails, use a BFH.
Floyd Offline OP
OP Offline
JJ,
You mean I need both the digital voice announcer and the voice mail system?

I thought the voice mail system will also work with the auto attendant add-in to create both.

Sorry for my confusion, but I'm working on limited knowledge (and partial manuals) with this system.

Thanks,
Floyd

JJ Offline
Auto attendent and voicemal are two seperate options on the IDS product line.

Auto attendent is used with DVA and for routing calls.

Voicemail (VMS) option has both auto attendent and mailbox capabilities.

To use either feature you need the download option to use them.

Good Luck!!

If all else fails, use a BFH.
pvj Offline
Just to clarify for you,
If you want to use the IDS built in auto attendant then you need the ATT option plus a DVA.
If you want to use voicemail system as voicemail and auto attendant then you need the VMS feature loaded.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  nonameyet, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,796 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (hitechcomm, nortelvoip), 164 guests, and 240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024