web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#462653 03/29/07 12:55 AM
OP Offline
Any way to place a message notification "On" of "Off" button on a 24 button for IVX "C" class? Can turn the feature on or off in programming but would like to give a extention a one touch button so if they are in the office, thier messages don't forward to thier cell and if they are out of the office, they can press the button to send Vmails to thier cell. Thanks for any help.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I'm assuming the user has a greeting recorded for greeting #2 that offers the caller the option of pressing 4 to be transferred to cell phone. If this is the case the user may not even know they need to have a Greeting #1 recorded that does not offer the option. Having a greeting recorded in each location creates the On/Off capability.
When G-1 is used forwarding is off...
When G-2 is used forwarding is on...

End user can also switch between G-1 & G-2 remotely.

If forward to cell is offered in AA main as one of the option branches the that is different set of circumstances.

John

John

I agree with The Honorable Mr. Grider that esi makes it easy to have messages forwarded to the cell phone.

OP Offline
I appreciate the comments, my question was not about forwarding the call to a cell phone but allowing the caller to leave a message in the extensions voicemail box and forwading that voicemail to the cell phone. I can set it up in programming and with "quiet times" but I would like to put a button on the extension to turn voicemail message forwarding on or off.

Well if you do not want the caller to be transfered to a cell phone than do not tell them to press 4. the owner of the mail box will get the messages at what ever phone number is programmed in off premise reach me. And as John was saying that the greeting 1 and greeting 2 button will still act as your on/off.

Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Sorry. I saw that your point was missed, but didn't have time to respond in time.

There's not a direct way to do it, but here's a possible work-around:

I'm not sure how this will apply with the C-Class, due to the limitations of the C-Class feature set. Here's a thought I had, though. Setup the MB with no notification, then setup a CFWD-RNA to Guest MB button, where the Guest MB has notification setup (or notif. on MB and none on Guest MB). Also setup a Virtual MB button on the phone for the 2nd MB, so a new message in that box can be seen when sitting at the station.

Now, since I don't remember the feature set limitations, is this even possible on a C-Class?

Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
If you are talking about message notification to the cell phone (you have new messages..please enter your password) you can set up a delay before it dials out to you - so if you are in the office but on the phone or gone for a few minutes it won't call you. Only down side is if you are out of the office the messages will sit in the mailbox for the delay time until you are notified.

5years.... I don't see anything there that would not be available on a "C" so it may work. Long way around though!

I've had customers use upstate's solution, maybe it's not perfect, but it requires to intervention or jumping thru hoops.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ __ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
If it was that critical they could have their main mailbox say please leave a message or if you would like me to be notified immediately of your message dial xyz and then have it go to a guest mailbox with no delay set which would then notify you immediately.

Aren't most work-arounds the "long way around"? smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  5years&counting, nonameyet 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024