web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
grider Offline OP
OP Offline
5Y, We are using Port Forwarding. 59002-59008 to be exact. This is for permanent application for future reference.

Thanks for the input!!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

You could always call the CLEC and identify yourself as a vendor for the customer and ask that they send a voice/data config sheet for your records. I get this all the time and the CLEC's email me all the info.

"Instinctively Telecom"

Paul
grider Offline OP
OP Offline
Phone-Dog clap clap

Now that is a great example of how to get things done that you only find on our board. I'm gonna go rate you with some stars. Thank You

Don't assume that just because you asked the network admin to forward the ports that they are in fact forwarded. I've lost count of the number of times it's taken 2 or 3 tries to get a simple NAT done.

Brian Dunne
ETC Telecom
www.etctele.com
grider Offline OP
OP Offline
Just wanted to thank everyone for their efforts. It has taken 12 days to get it done but it is now complete. The solution was as bdunne said above. If you want something done right, do it yourself.

Thank You

Persistance and Patience our required in most everything we do! Good follow up John.

What did you finally get for an Ip John? The reason I'm asking is that trace route might not give you the correct IP. In a block of IP's the first one is not usable by the customer and this might be what you were getting. If I use the same tracert -dwww.xxx.net that you were using my ip does not come up correct. It comes up xx.xxx.xxx.5 and my ip is xx.xx.xxx.155.

Samsung Dealer
www.firstcoastbiz.com
grider Offline OP
OP Offline
The proper IP ended up being the Dot4 IP as the Network Guy said it was. The problem never was the IP, it was the Port Forwarding had not been done. Once that was done it was a smooth connection. Even though the problem was solved I still question the use of tracert command from C prompt while inside the network. That procedure came direct from ESI website via pdf.

I guess that is why this board exists. As I have said several times, give me the knowledge from a gang of field techs over an 800 tech support number any day.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  5years&counting, nonameyet 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024