web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Are there any special instructions to shut down an Adix APS? Just basically want to physically move the system from one building to another.. Thanks in advance!!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

If the CPU battery is good, the database should remain for a move. If the battery is dead then the system would default. It would be in your best intrest to have a backup of the database. If you have an Iwatsu dealer move the system, I am sure they would do this, a non dealer may not have the software to be able to do a backup. The savings for having a non dealer move could be lost in down business time while the system is being reprogrammed to your setup.

RIP Admin
RIP Admin
You should do a backup at any rate, you never know what will go wrong!

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]
OP Offline
The batteries are brand new, so I'm sure the backup will remain. I'm not a dealer, however I have worked on PBX and Key Systems & backups are the way to go just to protect yourself from any down time. I guess I just have to figure out how to get a back up out of this machine. Thanks

When you say the batteries are new, you are referring to the small battery pack that is plugged into the CPU (red card) in the system, and not batteries in a UPS unit or the battery backup batteries (connected to the power supply terminals marked battery) for when power goes out. Again, having a backup of the database is the best way to go. We have in the past moved older other brands of systems that we did not have any database backup cabablities by plugging the system into a decent UPS unit and keeping the system on via UPS for a move that was a short drive away.

Moderated by  JBean3329 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,283
Posts638,765
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,446 Shoretel
188,305 CTX100 install
187,082 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (justbill, Toner), 136 guests, and 265 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024