web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Ok i am having a weird issue and i do not know what is causing this issue nor how to resolve so i am soliciting for some expertise.

The local carrier decided to go from 7 digit dialing to 10. No big deal right? Well for the most part everything transitioned on our system fine. The digital phones work as designed and when you dial 9 to get and outside line and then dial the 10 digits it works fine.

Now the weird part. When you try the same thing from an analog port we have on the system (a fax machine) 10 digits do not work. It gives an error at the carrier. It is not the fax machine itself as we hooked up an analog phone to the port and it did the same thing. Since the local carrier is ATT they won't even port a monitor on the lines to see what digits they are getting when we make the call (making the troubleshooting more difficult.) I suspect that something in the phone system could be dropping the areacode when dialing on that particular line? I do not think the calls though are going out a particular line since when i look at the LD bill the calls to known fax numbers (our corp office) show up on various lines.

We have tried changing the following:
Changed class 2 item 17 to not use and that caused all LD and local to stop working

Changed class 7 item 3 port 63 from 9 to blank and put 9 in port 1. LD stopped working on the line.

i am at my wits end on what the issue is.

Help me obe wan you're my only hope!!!!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

VCE Offline
Z
So, when a key phone dials 9, it accesses directly to CO group 1, right?

For the the FAX station port - check the following:
10.28 - should be 'deny'
10.23 - should be '0'
If you have a PRI, make sure 10.79 (for the FAX port) = customer's main number (10-digits) or the 10-digit fax number

OP Offline
Ok 10.23 was 0 and i changed 10.28 to deny and still same issue.

Next.. LOL

Are all analog ports having the issue? Or just the one with the fax machine?

Are you using prime line on the fax port? Or is the fax machine (or user) dialing the '9'? If you are using prime line, what access code is programmed in 10.09 for the fax port?

In class 1, is the port in question configured as a slt-fax, or just a standard slt-dtmf?

OP Offline
SLT-fax
They are dialing the 9..

would changing to slt-std make a difference?

VCE Offline
Z
No - The configuration between SLT-FAX and STD simply changes the ring cadance (for ICM calls). Leave it as SLT-FAX
I assume these are analog trunks, right?
Check 11.02 - each trunk should have an individual access code, (i.e., 101 - 108).
You might try setting Prime Line (10.09) to an individual access code
Make sure 11.21 is enabled for all trunks

OP Offline
if i set a prime line then i have to ser 11.21 to enabled for all trunks?

VCE Offline
yes - when you changed dial 9 to access CO group 1 directly, (07.03-01 = 9),then you must enable 11.21 for all trunks.
Previously, dial 9 was set to access an application/feature - Optimized Routing (LCR). Therefore you did not need to enable 11.21

OP Offline
well coudl there be an issue with the fax port using a specific line in the LCR? Hmm i may have to check that out.

VCE Offline
Z
OK, Dude, put the pipe down - send the database file to someone...anyone; and we will help you out
send it to TelcomGirl

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  JBean3329 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,293
Posts638,827
Members49,768
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,572 Shoretel
189,443 CTX100 install
187,602 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 28
teleco 8
dexman 6
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, Touch Tone Tommy), 153 guests, and 226 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024