Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
grider Offline OP
OP Offline
Skip...The line is delivered to the house along with the others and then travels underground out to the gate. That specific line actually never enters the house. Excessive? In my world , yes but in their world it is a $20 a month phone line. We are talking about a family that donated a hospital to the area. Not just the land it is built on but the whole damn thing all it needed when finished was staff.

5E-You have the right idea but the call between the cell and the house wouldn't interact with the line to the gate since it is independent.

Since the gate will open when the circuit is open I would like to simply program a speed dial key on phones in the house that include pauses to wait for the gate device to answer. NOOOOOOO, thats way to easy, I gotta get the darn thing to answer somehow.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I gotta get the darn thing to answer somehow.

Well, who makes it? Lets start from there. And like I said, rather than screwing with this replace it with something that does what you want. Sounds like it would be pocket change for your customer.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
grider Offline OP
OP Offline
Bobby...I'm sure there are spare pairs to the gate. I know it is an independent 4 pair leaving the interface box on side of the house. As far as distance, long long way. It is so long there is a scenic overlook stopping point midway.

Hal... your on it! I'm hoping the device such as a Door King has a dip switch or something to turn on answering.

grider Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally posted by hbiss:

Well, who makes it? Lets start from there. And like I said, rather than screwing with this replace it with something that does what you want. Sounds like it would be pocket change for your customer.

-Hal
I'll know the answer to that Monday. My security contact will meet me there then. Sorry I didn't know before posting. I'm not to keen on other folks messin with my stuff so I don't get into the security guys stuff without him there.

Your right it is pocket change for the guy. Sadly that puts him in a bad spot as far as needs like this. No one will service his stuff, everyone wants to turn a standard service call into a small fortune.

I'll bet when the security contact gets there the spare pairs are going to suffice if all your customer wants to do is open the gate without an incoming call.

I'm curious, is the gate area covered by any surveillance cameras?

Try AAS PhoneLink 50. It piggy-backs to a CO line and sends out FXS upstream. Will intercept outbound codes on the line from a phone in the house, as well as initiate calls upstream when someone dials in.

Not sure if this is what you want, but it sounds better then what you got.

Would let you do speed-dial codes. Not sure how you will handle the alternating incoming ring tho.

Admin
Admin
The Viking W-1000 door box will allow 24 AWG loop length over 6300 feet

Merritt

Business Telephones & Equipment + Commercial Audio/Video Products
Commercial Communications . . . Turner, Maine
If it was built after 1980 don't expect it to work right.
you might also look at UPB controllers. this will work very well. i would first look at using the spare pair of phone lines as mentioned. the upb systems use the power lines to send the signal. it works very well.

good luck

sam

grider Offline OP
OP Offline
Well the gate itself is a Door King. After rooting around in the bushes I discovered there isn't a phone line to it after all. The call box rings down to an extension group in the house. When the call is answered inside the house they press "9" to open the gate. The Panasonic system inside the house does not have a door controller unit. It will soon thanks to Ken (KLD).

Originally posted by grider:
Well the gate itself is a Door King.
I disagree, grider. It turns out that YOU are the Door King, and not the gate! :toast: Ken!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  metelcom 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,833
Members49,768
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,588 Shoretel
189,473 CTX100 install
187,623 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 6
dans 5
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, dans), 166 guests, and 344 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024