Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#481893 11/12/09 08:22 AM
Kumba Offline OP
OP Offline
So I'm moving office buildings and the new space I'm moving into has no alarm panel. It did at one point but the company that moved out ripped it off the wall.

So, my alarm company has some deal going with an DSC wireless alarm system with a 39-mo agreement. My current office has a GE NetWorx N6-V2 with an 8-zone keypad. I will only need 5 zones in my new office (4 external doors, one motion detector) so the panel would work.

What are your thoughts? I'm really not that into the idea of wireless detectors. I can just see a battery getting low or someone firing up a cell phone and all heck breaking loose.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I wouldn't shy away from the wireless equipment if that's the best way to go. But as always hardwired is the best way to go if you can.

What about the cables that were left when the previous tenant removed their panel? Do they appear to be intact and in good shape?
Maybe your security company can install a panel using those cables.

Kumba Offline OP
OP Offline
I didn't look at them well enough when I was there. We're going to get access to the space in December to get these things done so I will check it out fully then.

Just not sure I trust wireless. Probably just either buy new or move old. Are the wireless panels really worth messing with? Keep in mind that I need this security system to work for insurance reasons. I'd be incredibly upset if my insurance company weaseled out on my because it wasn't hard-wired.

James wireless is fine, honeywell even offers UL listed wireless devices. I always hardwire when ever I can, but would not think twice about useing a wireless device, the devices warn you when the batteries are going low (msg at the keypad). I am not as familier with DSC but have heard good things about them.

I Swear I did not touch anything bash
Originally posted by Kumba:
Keep in mind that I need this security system to work for insurance reasons.
In that case get the insurance company to provide you with their requirements in writing and provide them to your security systems company.

In most cases it's not too difficult to meet the requirements as long as the system is installed by a certified security systems company and monitored by a certified monitoring center.

Kumba Offline OP
OP Offline
Their only requirement is that we give them a certificate of security monitoring from our alarm company. Basically that we have monitoring and that the alarm company is licensed/bonded/insured/etc.

:thumb:

Moderated by  metelcom 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,457 Shoretel
188,314 CTX100 install
187,088 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, jkmartin), 151 guests, and 381 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024