web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
OP Offline
Hello,

I have a problem I can't figure out.

I have a 4896 with analog DID card connected to a Nortel CS1000E (Option 11c) Universal Trunk Card. My Nortel is sending 3 digits, which match my DID table in the 4896.

This has worked for over a year, but recently stopped working. I've swapped cards, changed cable pairs in between, etc.

If I open up the connection, I can go off hook toward the Vodavi, get wink, and dial 3 digits. The call goes through.

If I go off hook toward the Nortel, get wink, and dial 4 digits. The call goes through. If I connect the two systems, the Vodavi causes the port on the Nortel to go busy. If I force it idle on Nortel, then try to put a call through from Nortel to Vodavi, the Nortel port goes off hook, but never gets a wink. The call eventually fails.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Justin

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Very strange. The only thing that comes to mind is that DID trunks are polarity sensitive. Have you tried reversing polarity on them to see what happens?

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
OP Offline
We did try reversing polarity. Also, polarity wouldn't have just reversed on its own.

I'm really stumped with this one.

The power supply feeding the card is a Valcom -48v power supply, which also hasn't changed. I've tried master clearing the system and restoring the database, with no success. I'm going to try a different CPU card today.

Justin

Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
I've gone back and looked at the old Vodavi Tech Facts starting with TF #52 from '94 when DID was introduced for the 4896. I've found nothing so far about this type of condition. There are so few choices in the parameters. Its pretty much just DID digits and DID signaling types of Wink or Delay with their associated timers. You can also just initialize the ICLID -DID table if you think it may be software corruption. But with restoring the Db you have pretty much ruled that out. If you swap CPUs, remember that it requires the Network/Trunking or Combination software package and the two 4-Meg SRAM chips on U46 & U47 that replaced the original 1-Meg chips.

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

OP Offline
Changing the CPU card did not help. I'm beginning to wonder if an INI of the CS1000E is necessary.

I have another 4896 within cable reach of the 4896, so today I'm going to try the same setup to that 4896. That should hopefully help me determine whether it's a problem on the Nortel or on the Vodavi.

I posted a link to this topic in the Nortel forum, to try and bring in some Nortel tech point of view.

Thanks for the responses so far.

Justin

OP Offline
The Nortel is on a campus that sits between two different 4896's, with available tie cables running the entire span. I have a DID card in the other 4896, so I tested the exact same setup (same programming in Nortel, just moved the cross-connects to the other Vodavi). Every port on the Nortel tested ok, and we were able to access the route on the Nortel and dial digits that were successfully translated by the Vodavi.

So now I'm going to compare databases, and try a different 48v power supply on the DID card.

Justin

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,279
Posts638,738
Members49,763
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,284 Shoretel
188,169 CTX100 install
187,017 1a2 system
Newest Members
gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo, highlysecptial, BPopilek
49,762 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 14
teleco 4
jc2it 4
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 64 guests, and 75 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024