Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#546891 03/02/13 12:04 AM
champco Offline OP
OP Offline
Old Bell head.
I have been running wires since 1969. Installed station and some business before Military service. Fully electronically trained and dangerous returned to the "SYSTEM". Went thru telcom act while outside splicing and ventured into "special services" as the digital age encroached a perfect analog world. Cutting Rolm switches and such, tie lines, DID"S full duplex data and overtook a inside job controlling said cuts from a testing position.
Fiber grew and all my metallic prowess and expertise became less and less.... Worked on Official Company Services inside installing the first caller ID systems in Phoenix as well as Octel Voicemail in all the CO's.. Moved to a colder climate rebuilding service centers and returned full circle to the CO's in alarming equipment using telemetry, Maj Min Crit wiring, x.25 and such as well as CO-Lan IP telephony.alarming MUxes and you name it during the late 90's thru 2002. Very limited CO switch experience and minor PBX experience but everything I have done brings about understanding. Then I met the IPK.

As payment for work performed I agreed to cutover a aging ATT PBX and install a used IPK. First I took it to my shop and put my DT thru it and called in and out so I figured Piece of cake. Four lines in and seven extensions as well as FAX, ATM, Cut out Gas Pumps to DSL.
All wired and calls can be made and received. Reading all the brochures learning features beyond anything needed by this business I have read and read many manuals including SAT software. Managed to cable to the IPK but still unsure if I am in the machine. Communicating with the sets has been limited to changing time and date. I cant even get the MICs to turn on according to the manual instructions. I figure the feature buttons may be locked out. I NOW KNOW WHY NEC SWITCH TECHS were vaunted. These manuals are not real user friendly. I perused thru the help file in the SAT software as well as the wizard. Confidence is low. I would be indebt if someone could point me down the right road. My approach so far has not been a good use of my time. If someone could give me some step by step to just even help getting into program mode maybe I could find the right memory blocks to verify.
Im too old and tired, Thanks for reading.

Only one chance to give a first impression.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

SAT is where to begin. You want to start with a defaulted system. Get connected and do a first initialization of the system. Then start banging away on the telset. I could post the steps to enter programming mode but they would probably delete it. The steps are in the manual. Telset programming makes sense after you've done it for a while. The concept is that each major function is a "memory block" and within those are what I call pages but they are functions. You select a memory block using the line keys and when you program a "page" the line keys are also what you use to make selections. Without a manual you will not be able to figure that part out. A hint: get a 32 button phone. Programming is much easier. The SAT interface is a whole lot easier to work with. Otherwise you have to flip through button groups to do what you want. If I were you I would upgrade now to an IPK II. I did this last year and it was worth it. It's just a matter of swapping the CPU card. Then you have WebPro which is internal.

Just dive right in - make as many mistakes as you want. Until you commit to a final product you can always just wipe it out and start all over.

Last edited by Jack Salvadore; 03/02/13 01:55 PM.
I may be able to help with most of what you need. I've been maintaining our office IPK system for some time using the SAT s/w.

First, can you connect with SAT from your PC to the IPK?
Second, do you have the hardware, software and features manuals?
(If "no" on the latter, I can email them to you if you give me your email address.)

- Bill

Does anyone know what the default user, password, for EliteMail LX?

Champco

Like any system things begin to make since after you done a few, What you have to do is use the programming manual hand in hand with the feature manual.

elburnette

Check your private message, we are not allowed to post pass words on the open forum.
Note: what I sent you may not work, the original installer may have changed the default new user pass code from what I sent you.

We get old too soon, smart too late
I would have though that installing a system as old as the IPK1 would be a waste of time these days.. We don't even do tech support on them down here since Jan 31st..

Regards,

Paul W
Now back to a 0 day week. Love these 7 day weekends.
Sorry, no passwords allowed.

Last edited by DrPbx; 03/05/13 05:47 PM. Reason: password

Measure twice, cut once
I usually start(power down) with puting my esi cards in starting at slot 1 (not the ISA slot, that is for a MIFM when using SAT for PC programing) I try to put trunk cards like COI or COIB in slot 4 or 7 and voice mail in 8. Unplug the battery on the CPU and power up. It will assign defaults. each slot has 8 circuits and 8 pair on the amphenol cable. Slot 1 amp 1 white blue through red green, slot 2 red orange through blk brown etc. If using SAT plug into the back rs232 plug.

Measure twice, cut once
Don't forget to plug the cpu battery back in or you loose all programing with the next power down

Measure twice, cut once

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,296
Posts638,847
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,657 Shoretel
189,553 CTX100 install
187,810 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Yoda, ALB300), 131 guests, and 263 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024