web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#552628 05/31/13 08:51 AM
OP Offline
I have an issue that seems to happen randomly, and I am not sure why. It seems like it happens to the same 2-3 extensions and no one else. In this case we will use extension 403 as an example:

Extension 403 calls me and says they cannot get into their voicemail and that the system states that the option is in use. I call VM, #, 403, enter password, and hear the same thing. I look in my status display in VMI Editor and I can see that 403 is stuck accessing a folder of some sort (I can not remember exactly what it says at the moment, but will update once it happens again). I watch the status display and nothing changes. It sits on this folder it is accessing and never moves to new things like a normal mailbox access would look like. The problem seems to clear itself after quite a few hours (typically the next morning it is good). Any idea what could be happening?

Thanks in advance,
Jason

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
I've seen that problem a couple of times myself- something is corrupted in the system files concerning Menu/mail box 995. I called tech support with a PSUBMDM handy and they dialed in and cleared some things up.

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.
OP Offline
What in the world does 995 have to do with it to cause such a problem? I havehonestly never even heard of 995 before. Does it play some background role? Unfortunately, my company is not an Iwatsu dealer, and we just service some systems we have out there from years ago.

OP Offline
The more I hink of it, 995 sounds familiar, but I think I am just thinking of 905 and confusing myself

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
Menu 995 plays after a message is left if the caller does anything other than hang up. It allows a caller to review their message, delete and re-record or mark it for high priority. You can actually look at it and program it (not really recommended) if you want to with the programmer. Sometimes an association is created with a particular mailbox- usually a very busy one- that might need a little deep tweaking. Unfortunately, only tech support has access to that programming level.

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.

Moderated by  JBean3329 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024