web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#552807 06/04/13 06:37 AM
keytel Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi all,
I recently moved an ESI 100 communications server. Old location used Verizon pots lines (never had issues) new location uses Optimum Online dial tones.
Since the move there has been constant problems with phone lines getting hung up.
It seems to be completely random and happens on all lines. When I monitor the lines from my butt set after they get hung I hear the fast busy signal from the phone company.
The only way to free up the lines for use is to unplug them and reconnect them at the modem or to reboot the Esi system.
Has anyone else experienced this kind of issue? ESI are having an engineer look into it and I have not spoken to Optimum yet.
It seems when I'm at the customers site I am spending more time resetting lines than I am trying to isolate/reproduce the problem. I've seen this problem before when a conference call is made but this occurs after a regular phone call.

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

Paul

Paul Mac Manus
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

keytel #552815 06/04/13 08:32 AM
You might ask Optimum if they are or can provide CPC. It appears they are not. The second thing is for you to take a meter and check on and off hook voltage and, most importantly, off hook line current. No matter what ESI tells you, if your line current is not between 25-35 ma. the POTS trunks will not function properly. You will experience all kinds of weird problems. ESI has a hard time working on CO trunks that are not at least -24VDC (on hook. Normal CO voltage is -48VDC, but you mentioned modem so I am guessing this is not coming from a real CO. Off hook voltage needs to be, at least -7VDC) and either at or more than 25 ma current or less than 35 ma current.

Remember, when the system was connected to Verizon trunks, everything worked well. That means the service the customer is paying for from Optimum is not up to reasonable standards.

Rcaman

Last edited by Rcaman; 06/04/13 08:34 AM.

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet
Rcaman #552879 06/04/13 08:35 PM
keytel Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you Rcaman,
That will give me some direction and something to work off at the site.
Esi suggested I turn off trunk-trunk transfer under function 321 which I will try also.
I will let you know the outcome.
Anyone else out there, please feel free to add any more input. The sooner I get this resolved the better.

Regards,
Paul

Paul Mac Manus
keytel #553038 06/06/13 12:58 PM
Did you find a resoution, Paul?

Brian Dunne
ETC Telecom
www.etctele.com
keytel #553185 06/10/13 06:52 AM
keytel Offline OP
OP Offline
I should be on site someday this week. Will update you of any positive developments.

Have a good week everybody,
Paul

Paul Mac Manus

Moderated by  5years&counting, nonameyet 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,111 Shoretel
187,716 CTX100 install
186,809 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Curlycord, OBT), 57 guests, and 409 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024