web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Thesavo Offline OP
OP Offline
We have a pair of SX2000 Lights, and a 3300 MXe controller.

My boss asked if we could forward our IT helpline to a mobile phone for after hours calls. Extension 3033 for example. Our helpline is a Key system button on our IT phones. It currently rings all of our phone and goes to a dept. mailbox (3033) if unanswered.

I looked into this and from the research I have gathered, It looks like these changes should be made in the Call ReRouting forms.

Our Helpline under Call Rerouting Assignment, has an alternative number of 1 for Day, Night1, and Night2. Call rerouting First Alt is 10, Second Alt is 1.

Under the Call Rerouting Always Alternative Assignment Alt. Number 1 is set to "No ReRoute" for Originating Device DID,TIE,CO, INT. Directory Number is NULL.

Under Call Rerouting First Alternative Assignment Number 10 is set to "THIS" for Busy / DND DID,Busy / DND TIE,Busy / DND CO,Busy / DND Int,No Answer DID,No Answer TIE,No Answer CO,No Answer Int. Directory Number is set to 3144, our voice mail number.

This tells me that after some delay, the call goes to voice mail.

Here's my problem. If I change the call rerouting to go to a Speed call after hours, does the system need to be programmed for NIGHT mode? My thought was to check the "business hours" form. Ours is set to 00:00 for all seven days.

Does my system even know when to be in night mode?

Thanks for you an input you can provide.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Does your system have a console (a superset 1000 -- big huge phone the size of a PC keyboard, with lots of buttons and a long narrow display)?

If so "function" "ATT function" "Night 1" (or "night 2," or "Day Service").

If the devices are permitted to interact appropriately, you can also just use CFA to the off-site number.

I mentioned once before that it would be well worth your time to have the local Mitel Dealer, or a certified technician, come out and look at your SX-2000 / 3300 rig.

Thesavo Offline OP
OP Offline
It just so happens that the local Mitel/Intertel dealer was in lastweek performing a routine backup. He was able to point me in the right direction.

My helpline is a Key System extension 3033.

Just to update. I chose a different approach. We are going to use Call-Forward Third-Party. On my ICP it's feature code 69. As a Test, I setup my personal cell as Speed Call, with Allow Toll-Override turned on.So Speed call 121 dials 9 + 7-digit Local Number .

To enable, I dial 69 3033 121. I was able to call the local number 912-555-3033 from POTS fax line and it rang through to my cellphone. However, I tried to setup 69 3033 to a another speed call to prevent human error. Example 122. I would dial 122 121 thinking that it would just "stack" the command. It works if I try the extension from an internal phone,
but the call would not go through if it originated externally. The verbal error was the, "We're Sorry, your call could not be completed at this time. Please hang up and try your call again later."

My next problem was that once we did successfully Forward the Key number, we had no indication that forwarding on that line was enabled. That made the problem a non-starter. Apart from explicit turning off forwarding of the key to a cell phone. It turns out that there was a system option that was turned off. Call Forwarding Always - Line Status Indicator ON: needed to be enabled.

So, going forward set setup a speed call for each tech's personal phone. The tech can leave early by dialing 69 3003 + Their-CDE-Speed-call. The next day any tech will see the helpline is on solid. Since we are likely not to be phone when when we walk in it's easily disabled with the CPE speed call #210 that dials *69 3303. This did not involve having to setup night hours or alike.

Last edited by LinuxTech; 02/20/14 05:54 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,256
Posts638,657
Members49,756
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
210,763 Shoretel
187,580 CTX100 install
186,326 1a2 system
Newest Members
Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset, Housetech
49,756 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 16
Toner 12
TDKs79 7
Who's Online Now
2 members (BobRobert, justbill), 65 guests, and 41 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024