web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#562090 11/29/13 02:20 PM
OP Offline
As of this morning, I can't connect to my SV8500 via PCPro. I tried over IP and serial and in all attempts, I get the following error message:
"Command is being used at another terminal or you must reenter password".

I use PCPro almost daily. The system got upgraded to S7 about 4-5 weeks ago. I was using PCPro just yesterday, and left it logged on overnight. This morning, when I entered any command, I got the above message, so I logged out, and now I can't log back in. I keep getting the above message.

I'm aware of 2 separate computers running PCPro to connect to the system for programming, and I went to both and closed PCPro on both and re-opened and tried to log on, with the above message on both.

I could re-boot the system, but I have about a 1000 users on it pretty much 24/7 under normal circumstances, and right now we are using the system even more than usual. No phone service is affected currently.

MA4000 works as long as it doesn't have to get data from the SV8500 or doesn't need to write data to it. It times out when it needs to talk to the SV8500.

PC PRo Tools is now web-based and it works, but as I said, I really don't want to reboot the system. Anybody has any good ideas?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Is there any possibility of another tech logged on remotely?

unplug network cable and plug back in?

I've seen the "one shot password expired" message before, but not the message you posted above.

Not sure what to tell you... Do you access to NTAC support?

D

OP Offline
-No other tech is logged into it remotely.

-I think if I were to unplug the network cable I would cause too much of service interruption. I mean, worst case scenario, I'll do a reboot via PC Pro Tools. I also don't just want to loose 1 week worth of Office data changes (I do weekly backups on Fridays).

-I don't have direct access to NTAC. Of course, my dealer does, and I contacted them too, but being Thanks-Giving, the trip charge would be waaay tooo high...

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,796 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 116 guests, and 244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024