Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
If you want the auto attendant to answer first, and then transfer to a single extension, and have that extension's voicemail cover if not answered: Assign the lines in #206, with #506 controlling the number of rings before the initial answer. #310 for the Auto VMS coverage, and #321 for the number of rings.

IF you want a single extension's mailbox to answer the incoming lines, with NO auto attendant, set #206 to UNassigned, and the line/extension in #208. Still set the Auto VMS coverage, and set the number of rings in #320

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

OP Offline
TTT, Thanks for advice!!
I defaulted my test system and did what you suggested and still have the same problem. Extension mailbox will not cover when CO call has been transferred by AA by dialing the extension number. I hear ring back on calling end, NO RING at extension that was dialed. Line light flashes once then goes solid. Then I get a VM greeting that says "your party is unavailable, to transfer to another extension press *8". Mailbox does answer if I Intercom the extension.
If I dial the *8 and select the extension again it works fine, Ext rings then forwards to the Ext. mailbox.
Also, if I put extensions under selector code and press selector code in AA it works fine.
Just will not work correctly if Ext number is dialed in AA.
Completed only the following ACS or station programming:
#206 GP7 L1 assigned
#506 Day L1, 0 rings
#310 Ext w/mailboxes assigned
#321 Ext + 3 rings
#505 GP7 Ext 78 & 79
#507 Always

Here is what I am trying to accomplish, very basic set up I would think.
AA answers all incoming CO calls in Day mode.
Would like customers to be able to dial extension numbers or use selector codes to be transferred to various extensions in system. If party does not answer I would like caller to be sent to each extensions individual mailbox.
Any suggestions would be MUCH appreciated!!
THANK YOU!!!

What is Selector Code 1 set to? Direct Extension Transfer or to a specific extension? Because if it is set to transfer to a specific extension, and the caller is dialing 2 digits beginning with a 1, the call will go to the destination set for the selector code, not to the extension number dialed.

OP Offline
I will have to check in the morning. I believe whatever the default is.
Can you give quick explanation how to set up the following:
I believe I have selector code one set to dial Hunt Group 1 (771) Code 2 to dial extension 14, and code 3 to dial extension 10.
I do not know how the different selector code programming choices control the call transfer process.
And yes, we will be dialing 2 digit extension numbers.
Currently 10-18.
I am heading out first thing in AM to install.
Your Help is MUCH appreciated!!!

You can either use selector code transfer or direct extension transfer for a digit, not both. If you have selector code 1 point to 771 you cannot expect to dial 10 and have the call transferred to extension 10. I would leave 1 as direct extension transfer since you have extensions 10-18. Then you can start with 2 for the selector code transfers.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
OP Offline
I appreciate everyone's help and suggestions which helped me Greatly getting this VM system installed!
The customer just called with a problem that I am not sure how to fix.
Apparently they are no longer receiving caller ID since we installed this Large PC card voice mail.
It is set up to immediately answer all incoming calls. Is there a way to program a delay so the caller ID info is received but still not have the telephones ring?
I plan to go back out to the site early next week.
Thanks!

You don't see the CID because it's sent between the first and second ring. If the auto attendant picks up on the first ring you are going to miss it. So change 506 to 2 rings. If the phones ringing bothers them make them all "no ring".

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
OP Offline
I will give that a try.
Thanks a lot!!!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,395 Shoretel
189,119 CTX100 install
187,421 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (JBean3329, justbill, BobRobert), 127 guests, and 418 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024