web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
So I have a phone in tennant 15 so it can call 911 but no other calls. It can't call rooms becasue i have 15 blocked from reaching 1 witch they want. It can call the operator becasue the console is in tenant 2.
My problem is when they dial 0 they want to be able to transfer that call to a room. Is their anyway around this?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

No, not with the tenant restrictions you have.
One option (using your current config), is when a phone in tenant 15 dials "0", route the call out as a local call, and back in as an incoming call to the console. If you're system has DID's you could route the call to it's own LDN key.
By the way, instead of using tenent restrictions for 911 only, you could do the same thing using COR to restrict outgoing calls. As long as the 911 digit string is defined as an 'emergency' type call, ANY phone in the system can dial it, regardless of restrictions, or room status settings.

www.ResaleSystems.com 24 x 7 Mitel Parts and Free Tech Support
OP Offline
I agree about using the COR but they didn't want this phone to be able to call guest rooms directly.

this would take a bit of time but if you have a spare analog trunk and analog extension like the ones on the controller you could loop the extension to the trunk and then setup ARS to say when press 8 you get that trunk that is actually an extension then could dial the console and then the console connect to a room. I don't think the tenant would come into affect then. All other numbers would be denied in the ARS for dial 8

I don't have the manual in front of me, but I believe that you can set form 19 to different options for different tenants. Then set the "Dial Zero" and "Priority dial zero" to the extension or speed call that you wish to use.

If this is a lobby phone or similar, you can make it a ringdown so that it automatically calls the operator/front desk on going offhook.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,097 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,792 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 86 guests, and 248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024