web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#570150 04/13/14 09:12 PM
OP Offline
Does anyone know the password reset routine for an InnTouch. The default password has been changed and I am unable to log into the system installer programming to change line assignments. Send a PM if you can help. Thanks.
Eric

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OP Offline
Has anyone ever had to use the backdoor password and know what it is on this system?

Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Refresh my memory - is this the rebranded Cardinal, or the real Comdial Executech?

I thought it was really a DXP or FX or was that concierge? Maybe you could send a picture of control unit

Jim Hoey

SST Communications
597 West Montauk Highway
Lindenhurst, New York 11757

631 956-0100

www.sstcom.com

Business telephone systems on Long Island and New York City like Comdial, Vertical, Avaya, Panasonic
RIP Admin
RIP Admin
Comdial Inn Touch is a hotel/motel/business system much like the Cardinal which if I remember right was called Comdial Cardinal Candela, not sure if they are the same beast or not as I've only seen 1 Cardinal while I use to work on many Inn Touch systems. The model numbers are KH32X/64X/96X/128X depending on what size you have. All COS programming must be done by VDT and if the default password which was the same as the earlier Executechs has been changed you will need to know it to enter programming, I don't recall there being a back door.

Last edited by dtmf; 05/13/14 02:53 PM.

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]
OP Offline
This unit has all the look and feel of an Executech. Uses the same phones and basic cabinet design too. The original password is the same as an Executech but it apparently was changed. There is a backdoor password in the executech, which I have been told, but it doesn't work on this unit and have been told it may be a different backdoor but the factory had a way to get in. There just aren't many folks around with these anymore.
Thanks.
E

Admin
Admin
PM me with what passwords you tried. I have around 4 that were used for models in that time frame.

[Linked Image]
OP Offline
I'm at a complete loss. I have tried 3 different passwords, and tried to guess but nothing will enter installer programming. All functions of the VDT work properly but no go so far.

It seems as though the factory default password does something when entered into an Executech phone on station 10 (I get intercom dialtone) but the book doesn't cover programming this way and I would have no idea what code sequence to use to restore the VDT password since the InnTouch is so different.

I feel my only hope is to try and get a set of EPROMs and I can use my chip reader to scan for a text string that matches the format of the backdoor passwords I have seen. Usually systems of this vintage use 2732 or similar EPROMs as operating system loads. I assume this does as well. Anyone have a dead system laying around that has a set of EPROMs in it that I can borrow for a few days?

If you can get into programming via the phone, can't you default the entire system via the phone? I only ever worked on one of the hotel EXECUTECH's, but if it really is an Exec, rather than a Cardinal. The other way to default it would be one I found by system failure, where the memory caps went bad, and as soon as the power failed, the system lost it's program. Couldn't you remove the caps to remove the backup supply, and it would go to default too? But you will need to physically remove the caps, and while you are at it, replace them, since they are now more than 20 years old.

Just a thought.

RUSS K.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,695
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, Curlycord), 104 guests, and 252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024