web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
dawda Offline OP
OP Offline
We have an Inter-Tel Access 9.002 system, where there is one extension that doesn't ring at all when external calls come in but goes strait to voice-mail. Internal calls will ring though. I've tried resetting the extension using 394. I've tried to go through every setting I could find in DB monogramming and compare to a working station but I couldn't find anything set differently.

Any help finding the setting that needs to be flipped to allow incoming calls to ring the phone before going to voice-mail would be most appreciated.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Check your system forwarding rules for that extension and let us know what you see. When you say external calls...is that a transferred call or a call coming in under a call routing table?

Inter-tel Axxess, Mitel CS/HX5000, MiVoice Office CCS/CSM, VPU, EM, ATM4, A+, CTP+, NET+, OAISYS, Audicodes, Polycom, Spectralink, NEC Red, Samsung, Mitel Call Recording, Mitel MBG, MiVoice Office, Xarios. Mitel Phone Manager
dawda Offline OP
OP Offline
Sorry I'm not that familiar with this phone system yet. (Most of my background is Vodavi/Vertical) I'm not quite sure what your looking for as far as system forwarding rules.

Under:
System > Devices and Service Codes > Stations > 177 > Forwarding Paths : Forwarding paths = 1, Description = FWD X 100

The call flow is as follows
Call comes in to PBX is answered by the Auto Attendant, you dial the Extension in question 177, and it goes directly to voicemail.

Easy out: find a station that behaves the way you want, then copy and paste the station flags and forwarding.

Because the forward path is labeled with the extension number, it appears to be different than the other stations.

Last edited by DND ON; 05/08/14 08:42 AM.
dawda Offline OP
OP Offline
Sorry if I'm coming off as being a bit slow here, On this phone system, extension 177 calls forwarded from the Auto Atendant go strait to voice mail, but on extension 186 calls from the AA ring to the desk phone until it times out and then go to voice mail.

In the DB Studio I go to
System\Devices and Feature Codes\Stations and compared the forwarding paths and flags on extensions 177 and 186 and they are exactly the same, so I'm pretty sure those settings are not where the problem is.

Can Anyone help me w/ where else in programming to look for a setting that would affect if the desk phone rings or call goes strait to vm? (again its external callers being routed through the AA that go strait to VM internal calls ring the desk no problem

Look very closely at the forward conditions for ext. 177. Are you sure that immediate isn't checked?

Did you try the copy/paste?

Try defaulting the station, using the default station feature code.

Sorry, should have read your post a little more intently.
- did it say "station defaulted" when you did 394?
- if you have access to it, you can turn online monitor on and double check the settings.
- you're sure you have the right extension? Not just one with a label on it saying 177?

dawda Offline OP
OP Offline
DND_ON - Using the DB Studio version that I have I cannot find a way to copy and past settings.
I did also check the extension details and the Immediate option is set to No.

NotNotCity42:
- Yes when i dialed 394 the station says "Station Defaulted"
- Online Monitor? That sounds like it could have potential I'll have to look into it, does that get turned on from the extension itself?
- Well the handset on this desk says x177 on the digital display, and when you dial 177 from another phone in the building that is the one that rings. Those are the only methods I've used to determine if it is the correct extension.

dawda Offline OP
OP Offline
I feel like I must be missing something, trying to map out how the call flow works.

On all extensions Forward Path = 1, Description = FWD x100

But when the listed conditions under path 1, are met the call goes to the extensions voice-mail. Is that the actual behavior or am is missing something

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,796 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 116 guests, and 244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024