Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#574400 07/09/14 04:14 PM
reidtel Offline OP
OP Offline
I've got a customer who had their carrier set up a DID hunt group for 8 lines. The Magix is programmed so that the associated extensions cover for the first extension (29) in the hunt group. The extensions are 29-36 and when calls come in to 1029 all of the cover extensions ring immediately. The problem we're having is that if 3 extensions are on calls, the 4th call to 1029 does not ring any of the idle phones. On the callers end, all they hear is one quick burst of ring and then nothing. One of the tests I did was to make 3 calls and have 3 extensions answer and hold. I then dialed one of the idle extensions on it's direct dial number. It rang as it should and did not get the quick burst. To me it sounds like the problem is on the carrier side but I need to be sure to avoid the buck passing. I checked the system DID configuration and error messages which are ok. Any ideas on troubleshooting this problem to better determine where the problem resides. Thanks for any assistance you can give.

Larry

Authorized Avaya Business Partner
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
a couple tips... try not to use two digit extension numbers. When using DID numbers, try to match the last 4 if you can.. however, that is just a preference.

So standard CAS T-1 with two-way DID trunks, and you have 8 of them? so it is a partial T-1??

And extension 29 is your main console with the other phones utilizing primary cover buttons on them??

Z-man
Avaya SME Authorized Partner
www.omniofficetech.com
reidtel Offline OP
OP Offline
I need to find out the T-1 specifics. It breaks out from an Adtran router.

Extension 29 is a phantom extension that was setup by a previous company. Yes the other phones have primary cover buttons for 29.

Larry

Authorized Avaya Business Partner
add more SA button to station 29

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,283
Posts638,767
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,453 Shoretel
188,305 CTX100 install
187,083 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (aweaver), 170 guests, and 299 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024