web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Rhaido Offline OP
OP Offline
I need to add an external loudspeaker to one extension in my warehouse. I am using a KX-TDA200 PBX system and a KX-DT343 phone, and have a self amplified loudspeaker/bullhorn. How do i make it work as just an external speaker for that one extension only?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

If your digital ext is on a DHLC you can use the SLT port of the hybrid card and program it in parallel mode. When the digital ext is dialed the SLT will ring also, but will there be enough ringing voltage to come across the speaker is another thing.

Tele-Net Technologies
Certified Panasonic dealer
Just hook speaker of phone to talk path of horn/speaker. You will get Ringing and Voice pages when phone is idle and off hook ring. User just cant use the speakerphone. Speaker will need to be away from the phone somewhat for intercom calls if they are voice, to control feedback from mic. Get around that by making the phone ring on ICM calls. Put that phone in a page group by itself for one way pages.
Viking make a unit just for this (PA2A) About $60.00
Has separate volume control you can place by the phone.

Last edited by brokeda; 07/10/14 06:43 PM.
Rhaido Offline OP
OP Offline
but then do i connect the loudspeaker to the SLT port?

Rhaido Offline OP
OP Offline
or should i just use the external paging port and set the one extension to its own paging group? not sure if that will ring when extension is called fro CO

Read previous post slowly.

If page port is available that would work.

Rhaido Offline OP
OP Offline
so i installed an external paging amplifier (university sound 1100-10) and two VTF-152UCN
Voice/Toneā„¢ Recessed Compression Driver Loudspeaker 25V 15W to the system using the 2 ext paging ports on the TDE200. I have been able to assign a floating extension number to each port (655 & 656), but it only sends a tone, no ability to speak and unable to get the pt extensions (208 & 217) to ring the loudspeakers.... what have i overlooked?

Thanks for all your help!

Why put 2 page ports on 1 page amp??
Sounds like you need a tech company to come out.

Rhaido Offline OP
OP Offline
there are two separate warehouses that are on opposite ends of property. also the amplifier is a 2 channel amp.

If I read first post right, then 2 phones (old) would work. Tie speaker to page inputs. Put them in a Page Group. They will voice page when page Group is called. They will ring when Ring group is called or line DIL'ed to them.
They will ring when ICM signaled, they will page voice when Voice paged. Both or individually.
Looping an SLT port back into system could work also.
You need to know system and programming.

You might expound on what you want:: eg- I do this, I want this to happen etc,etc Include all steps and scenarios.

Last edited by brokeda; 08/18/14 09:27 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024