web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Keep Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello all,

I tried searching for the topic and did not find any relevant posts.

I have been fighting with this issue for years, and still have not come up with a viable solution that is not stupidly overpriced.

We run a Cisco UC560 with a PRI, I have 15 remote locations that VPN into and run off the UC. All remote locations have a DID programed and the outgoing CLID that matches for each extension at those locations.

I have been trying to find a solution that will allow me to map each DID to a specific address, so when a user calls 911, they do not show up at my admin office.

We have went to the provider of the PRI and they want $300 a month to host 15 static records for 911 purposes, that is insane.

Are there any services out there, that will work with what we are trying to do?

In the mean time each location has an analog "bat phone" that they have been told to use for 911 purposes. While this solves some of the problems, it does not stop the user calling 911 from the voip phones in a time of crisis.

We have only had a couple instances with the police/ambulance/fire showing up at the admin office after hours, but once is to many.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

How much are you paying for the analog lines at the 15 locations?
I am guessing that it comes close to $300.00/mo

Keep Offline OP
OP Offline
Yes but those are also the no power and fax lines.

Admin
Admin
Big picture...$300 a month is the cost of doing business and a lot cheaper than the impending lawsuit over someones death because they couldn't get proper medical assistance.

[Linked Image]
We support this service for a much lower fee and may be able to help you depending on number portability etc. You can call the office at 717-665-2141 if interested.

Last edited by aweaver; 11/06/14 10:12 PM.

ElectSys Tech LLC
Hosted Phone Systems Solutions Provider
Allworx, Sangoma, FreePBX
Telephone & computer systems in the Jefferson City, Columbia MO area.
I can put any Caller ID I want on my AT&T PRIs and 911 will route to the correct 911 center with the proper address, even if it's across the state.

This works very well with the Mitel 5000 option that allows different Calling Party Number and Emergency numbers.

Keep Offline OP
OP Offline
@aweaver We are located in Ontario, not sure if you can support that. I can setup the outgoing CLID without issue, its the mapping that CLID to an address where we are running into issues.

Last edited by Keep; 11/10/14 01:44 PM.
So, you are saying the CLID does not represent a legitimate office code that a 911 responder can recognize as being in that area?

I understand the problem, but as DND ON wrote, usually a CLID going to a 911 center is identified by the office code as being local or out of the area.

Can you translate dialed numbers into speed dials? In some systems, you can make a speed dial number dial a 10 digit number for a 911 center (It's possible in the US, but I am not sure if it can be done in Canada).

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet
Keep Offline OP
OP Offline
No, all the CLID's translate to 10 digit numbers, we are on a 10 digit system up here.

But the address for all of those 10 digit numbers point to my admin office where the PRI is located, instead of the address where that ext associated with the CLID is located.

OK, so your numbering, provided by your carrier, is all coded to your physical location and not to the actual phone number location. Now I have it.

Unfortunately, because the Cisco can't transmit a different number other than the one associated with the out dial trunk, there is nothing you can do short of getting the special DID numbers from the carrier that identify the actual location from where the call originates.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,708 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, Curlycord), 104 guests, and 243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024