Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#589411 05/27/15 03:00 PM
mj_wald Offline OP
OP Offline
So I have site A and site B with strata net between them
When a call comes into site A it is answered at site B and transferred back to A if needed.
This work great.

Question is, If the WAN is down, how can I fail over that number to ring locally rather then the remote site?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

How does the system direct calls to site B? Is it done by auto attendant or via the DIT of the trunk itself?

Jason

Toshiba/Avaya/Nortel Installations and Service.

Honeywell-Paradox-Kantech-Keyscan-HIKvision Access control and CCTV
mj_wald Offline OP
OP Offline
Using the DID table, did xxx-xxxx rings station 7300, 7300 is a network DN.

The only way I could think of setting this up would be if you used pilot DN's, this gives you an alternate DN destination. I have only used pilots for ACD though so it may not be suitable for this.

Manually you could use your day1/day2/night options to allow for a change in destination if your stratanet goes down. This can mess with othe day/night functions though (ie live answer/auto attendant mode)

Jason

Toshiba/Avaya/Nortel Installations and Service.

Honeywell-Paradox-Kantech-Keyscan-HIKvision Access control and CCTV
I ran into the same situation and I could not come up with a solution.

I don't think the Pilot DN will work because without an ACD all calls will be directed to the alternate destination.

I thought about something using CF-Busy, but the forwarding of a remote DN would be controlled by the remote system.

The voice mail may be able to detect a busy extension, and maybe you could have the voice mail system route the call to a different destination on busy. This would require a local VM system that answers the call first. In my scenario there was no local VM to try.

I also thought about the fact that SYS call forwarded templates have a 2nd alternate destination, but that would require the lines to ring at a local extension first. But maybe you could have a station set with DND on, and system CF-DND with Destination 1 as the remote extension and Destination 2 as the local extension.

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Why don't you port the phone numbers that need to ring at site A over to site B and make that the prime answering destination, then the calls can be transferred over to site A if required.

Regards
Carl

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,769
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,456 Shoretel
188,311 CTX100 install
187,085 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 123 guests, and 304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024