web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
On an FX-224 Release 195.00 Feature Set 16A is it possible to swap out a small display station board for a large display station board without renumbering stations? I'd like to switch my operator's phone out for one with a large display, and her station is hooked up to a small display board.

I have a spare large display board. Could I power the system down, swap the boards, power up, then switch the phone set?

Thanks,

Jason Perkins
Network Engineer
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Admin
Admin
Back up the database first. You'll have to change the board in cabinet view for the system to register it as a large screen. The receptionist will not be able to adjust time and date on a large screen however... something to think about.

[Linked Image]
OP Offline
Ya, not being able to do system programming from a large display phone is a bit of a bummer. She never does that anyway though, I have a computer dialing a modem to set the time.

Thanks for the tip.

While we're discussing boards, the configuration has a station board listed where there's actually an empty slot in the system. It's station numbers are in the middle of the actual stations. Testing with a saved database seems to show I can remove this board from the configuration without affecting the real stations. Is that the case?

Jason Perkins
Network Engineer
Admin
Admin
There were cases whereby installers programmed "virtual" ports to do tricks in programming. Not sure if that is the case for you but something to think about.

[Linked Image]
OP Offline
Thanks for the tips. I backed up the DB, powered the system off, swapped the card, powered up, then changed the card type in VMMI. It did not affect any of the extensions or DSS keys.

-J

Last edited by compu_85; 02/23/16 03:46 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024