Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#598046 02/16/16 04:21 PM
icomm Offline OP
OP Offline
I am having trouble setting up an outbound caller number ID on a sip trunk for specific extensions. My sip provider allows pass through so i can specify Network number even if it is not on the sip providers platform i.e Spoof.
I believe the number may need to exist in the URI table then i specify under the station ID Network Calling Number? Tried a few scenario's but all withheld Number

I have the Number verification setup so i can do CF and SCF

I am currently waiting for a number port and customer wants to present this number from their new office.

Kevin

ICOMM Protect & Connect Ltd
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

You will need a URI entry for each number you want to show, at least as a SUB entry.

Is this an IPEdge or a CIX? With an IPEdge I would open up Webmin and do some Wireshark traps.

I would recommend Wireshark for the CIX as well, but it is harder to setup. In that case I would contact the provider support to see if they can trap the SIP messages.

Just because the provider says that they allow spoofing of caller ID doesn't meant that it is setup correctly. They may also only allow Spoofing of caller ID on the account. Since the port is not finished then maybe the phone number is not usable yet.

icomm Offline OP
OP Offline
thankyou for your response.
System is a CIX
I have entered number in the URI table what format would it need to be in the Network number in station id? would it be exactly the same as in the URI.

i am trying to set this up remotely by putting the ext in CF all calls using myphone manager. It seems what ever i do i have number with held.

This is where IP_Edge is great for remote tracing.

Kevin

ICOMM Protect & Connect Ltd
If an external call is forwarded to another outside number, typically the caller ID would show either;
A) the caller's Caller ID presented as outgoing caller ID
B) the default caller ID as specified under Trunks - Calling Number.

If you have number verification enabled, then the outgoing caller ID should be the default caller ID

For extension's caller ID on outgoing calls usually I set this under Trunks - Caller ID instead if the Station's Network Calling number

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,283
Posts638,765
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,446 Shoretel
188,303 CTX100 install
187,081 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 174 guests, and 163 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024