Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#603486 08/30/16 04:24 PM
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 6
JK Kuma Offline OP
Member
OP Offline
Member
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 6
Hi All, I recently acquired a 8x24 from a functional environment and wanted to set it up in my apartment. Currently from my provider I only have a basic single pots line coming in which is fine for me. However, when i terminate line 1 all I get is no dial tone. Any reason why this is?

Atcom VoIP Demo
VoIP Demo
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 642
Member
Offline
Member
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 642
Check the other line ports and do you get intercom dialtone


"90% of the politicians make the other 10% look bad" Henry Kissinger
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,610
Member
Online Content
Member
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,610
What pair number/colour did you use for the line?
What number in programming did you assign to the set?


=---()))))))))---=
www.curlycord.com
[Linked Image from telcopc.ca]
Toronto, Canada




Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 6
JK Kuma Offline OP
Member
OP Offline
Member
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 6
i used the 1st pair (White blue/blue), i get a intercomm dial tone. I haven't done any programming from what was set up in the previous environment. It was pulled from a functional set up. Forwhatever reason the 7324 device doesn't recognize any of the soft keys when i use extension 21. I only have 1 7324 and the rest are 7208.

Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,610
Member
Online Content
Member
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,610
You need to program the line then.
If you are not sure how to program then you need to call in a tech or read the manual.

" Forwhatever reason the 7324 device doesn't recognize any of the soft keys when i use extension 21"
What does that mean?
Softkeys are the 3 keys under the display of the M7324.


=---()))))))))---=
www.curlycord.com
[Linked Image from telcopc.ca]
Toronto, Canada




Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 6
JK Kuma Offline OP
Member
OP Offline
Member
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 6
on the 7324, i can't push the intercomm button for instance or any of the other buttons on that side. I can call that phone from another extension but other than that nothing happens say when i push line 1 or intercom.

I'll investigate programming the line...what would it need to be changed to?

Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 6
JK Kuma Offline OP
Member
OP Offline
Member
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 6
i found in our old scrap pile at work a 7310 i may use to try and program with.

Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,610
Member
Online Content
Member
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,610
Any 2 line display which has the 3 softkeys under the display can be used for programming.

An example is program Line 1 (001) to X21 to Appear and Ring or Ring only.

You wont get training in forums so best to start reading.


=---()))))))))---=
www.curlycord.com
[Linked Image from telcopc.ca]
Toronto, Canada




Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 36
Member
Offline
Member
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 36
Originally Posted by JK Kuma
on the 7324, i can't push the intercomm button for instance or any of the other buttons on that side. I can call that phone from another extension but other than that nothing happens say when i push line 1 or intercom.

I'll investigate programming the line...what would it need to be changed to?

Sounds like the RHS strip of keys is faulty, if nothing happens at all when pressed. Sometimes happens when drinks are spilt on them. Try another phone.


Moderated by  MooreTel, NTlayoff 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics93,827
Posts636,761
Members49,644
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
Today's Birthdays
btakac, Dave Turner, davidfish, iamflip, John D, jreid, kovets
Newest Members
PhoneGuy827, julesm, Helen.D, AlAl, mike hurford
49,643 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
ramo 12
pvj 11
Toner 9
Who's Online Now
3 members (BobRobert, jeffmoss26, Curlycord), 225 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: Business Phone Systems | Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers.
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2023
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5