web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#608141 02/22/17 01:12 PM
OP Offline
Hello! Our voice attendant for Day Ring keeps disappearing. We re-record, after a few minutes it disappears. Has anyone experienced this issue?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OP Offline
We are currently using an Inter-tel 5000- which is probably a 20 yr old phone system. I looked at the audiotex issues within the forum and it suggest to rebuild the db. A bit lost here and as far as the phone system goes, it is still functional and company would like to keep it as long as its running - any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Not quite 20 years, the platform is only 12 years old and is still supported.

I've not encountered the problem you describe. Sound like it's time to engage the vendor to review system logs.

OP Offline
DND ON - We did. Found a tech from Thumbtack - we got a bad voice module. also re-programmed the hunt group manually. Parts are coming in a few days and will be reprogrammed.

OP Offline
Update: We are canceling on the repair and will be using the BVM - How do you revert back from EM to BVM? Got the USB key and CF Card already installed.

Last edited by MarvinACE; 02/27/17 04:27 PM.
Assuming you have the proper license, go to Operations / Voice Processor / Enable BVM.

OP Offline
I have completely no clue of what happened to our license. honest! I figured that the USB Keys were the license but it does not seem to be that way. Right now we are stuck, what was once a EM is now a paperweight. Still deciding if i need to get real support which probably going to cost an arm and a leg.

All i hear from couple of techs we spoke of, is that the HD is going bad, the module needs to be replaced. You can tell if they just dont want to work on it and just start fresh. Not a bad thing, but we feel that this unit still has life in it. Just need an expert, cause I know I am not.

@MarvinACE, I think you are right. You need professional help to resolve the issue.

Marvin, I missed your latest post. If you haven't already done so, click on Software License on the main menu to see if BVM is licensed.

If it is licensed, just enable BVM. Your programming will be intact, but you'll need to record new greetings (since the existing greetings are on the EM hard drive).

If BVM is not licensed, an authorized Mitel dealer will have to add BVM to the existing file and download it from Mitel. There is a process for transferring the license to a new dealer if the original installer is no longer in the picture.

I've retired all my EMs; this is a pretty simple process, other than the time it takes to record new greetings.

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,710 CTX100 install
186,795 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Professor Shadow), 206 guests, and 236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024