web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#611115 06/14/17 04:45 PM
Tuned Offline OP
OP Offline
I've been trying to troubleshoot a setup that was working at one point and since stopped. Client has a SV8100 with a remote phone that connects over VPN and is working. They also have a few remote users that have u-Mobility (firewall is a Cisco ASA with the following ports forwarded to phone system: udp/5070,udp/5080-1,udp/10020-10051,udp/10052-10083,udp/15061.

Android phones seem to work fine when offsite, but iPhones seem to register without and issue and can make calls, but there isn't any audio on the call. Doing a capture at the firewall I see the inbound audio from the iPhone being forwarded to the phone system but users in the office never hear anything. I don't believe there is any ringback either on the calls to the iPhone. I'm trying to setup a side by side test of an Android device and an iPhone but looking for ideas that i might have missed.

This was working properly initially but it was reported that it stopped after the internal addresses on the LAN changed.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

That is UDP blocking somewhere. I am assuming the iPhone is on a VPN. If that is when the issue started you already know where to start looking.

Tuned Offline OP
OP Offline
We've tried the iPhone both on VPN and off, same issue. We're only able to get it to work when the iPhone is connected behind a router that has SIP ALG enabled (it is disabled on the firewall in front of the phone system). The strange thing is when the changes were made on the network the phone system wasn't touched (a 2nd vlan was added, phone system ip and vlan remained the same). At that point it would work if the iPhone was on a wireless network that was on the same subnet as the phone system, but not on another subnet that is local to the site. After changing the ip of the phone system the issue remains, but iPhones don't work at all now.

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024