web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Guyzag Offline OP
OP Offline
I have used PC DBA on other systems successfully.

On this particular system, when I attempt to connect the connection request fails, I get an error that says "The KSU Baud Rate is different than the one selected by you. The correct Baud Rate could not be found."

I've tried different baud rates and have checked COM1 from the PC which is set to 9600 Baud 8 data bits no parity.

My PC DBA software is revision W16UMO.F42 released in 2006. I suspect this KSU may have an older revision level. Where can I see the revision level on the KSU? Is there a DET command that will show it?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

You didn't specify the model, but I will assume DX-80. both the DX-80 and 120 have the same default baud rates of 9600. Below are the instructions to check the rate via the phone

4.15.1 PROGRAMMING USING THE DET
Note: chg, bksp, save, one, always, del, and ack are interactive LCD button operations. Use the three
buttons below the LCD display to actuate the associated operation.
1. Enter Database Administration using the feature code Feature # * and then enter the admin
password.
2. Press show. The system displays the DB Item Select screen.
3. Enter 04-16 and press save. This advances you to the RTM X RATE field.
4. Press chg to select the transmission rate between your laptop and the DX-80 switch. Valid
choices include 1200, 2400, 4800, 9800, and 19200. The default is 9600.
5. Press save.

Guyzag Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok, thanks devildog. The baud rate via the DET 04-16 shows 9600baud. Hitting "next" a few times shows me the rev level, which is K16UM1.F17

Wow, that's really old. Could the version incompatibility could be the real reason why my .F42 PC DBA software fails trying to connect?

Absolutely. Unfortunately, the firmware on those systems is controlled by the IC chips on the CPU board. So unless you have some chips, you'll need a downgraded version of PCDBA.

Just to clarify, is this a DX-120 - Dark gray or Black cabinet. Or DX-80 - White Cabinet.
Also, is this a system that is up and running at a customer site? Can you perform a cold start so that you can have a fresh go at it?

Guyzag Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok, thanks for the clarification Devil Dog. This is a white box DX-80. Yes, I've cold started it a few times.

The unit in question is currently off-line, having been replaced by a newer .F42 version KSU. Can still get to the programming using DET, so unless we get to a point where we need to bring it online again I don't feel the need to upgrade the old chipset or back up the programming.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,110 Shoretel
187,715 CTX100 install
186,808 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
pvj 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Curlycord, BobRobert), 140 guests, and 418 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024