web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#615554 01/17/18 09:27 PM
Keyset6 Offline OP
OP Offline
I've worked on a DCS, but not an iDCS. Today a customer new to us called after not being able to record a new greeting for the main number on their iDCS-16. They swapped the phone where that's usually done, an 18D, with a 24D. Still couldn't access the programming, so they put the phones back. Previously the 16D x204 had 2 CO line keys on the top row, and 3 DS keys on the bottom. Pressing those keys does nothing . If I dial 702 and 703 (they don't have a trunk in 701) I get the CO line and can dial out - during that time the corresponding keys where they were illuminate green. I can also dial other stations successfully manually, like 201, 202..etc.

I tried programming the keys via Transfer 107, pressing the CO key on the top row shows CALL1 -->. If I scroll to a phone where the CO keys work, I believe it dispayed 01:Tk702 or something like that. If I go back to 204 (phone I'm programming from) and press the 2nd CO key it dispayed 02:CALL1 -->, pressing the station key on the far left bottom row showed 06:None, Vol up went to 07:None (same if I pressed that key). I can position the cursor under 204 or 06, 07 etc, but not under the word None or CALL1. I assume I need to do that to change the function? I tried every button, the manual says the round button is a scroll button, that does nothing. Could some of the phone's keys be bad? Not all are since I can press a key on the top row to show 01:, and below that will show 06 which is logical. I'm going to see if the customer has another 18D they can try.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

You have defaulted the phones programming to basic configuration.
Test 107 just shows you what is programmed or a button.
You now have to get into programming mode and re-program the extensions or copy them from another.

Keyset6 Offline OP
OP Offline
The system was in that state upon arrival to the site. I don't know exactly what the customer did. The correct names still display on the extensions. Continuing to research documentation.

Last edited by Keyset6; 01/18/18 09:55 AM.
pvj Offline
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
If you unplug a 18 Button set and plug a 24 button set into the jack what happens is the extension will default the key programming for a 24 button set.So whatever is the default key programming in mmc 723 is how the keys will work.Plug the 18 button set back in and it will default to an 18 button template in mmc 723.It sucks and I wish they didn't do this because when you have a system with mixed phone types this is what can happen.I understand why they do it but the end result is like mentioned above you will have to go in to tech programming and reprogram that ext in mmc722.MMC 107 can assign extenders yes BUT the key has to be assigned first.By plugging and unplugging different phone types that is no longer the case.

Keyset6 Offline OP
OP Offline
And that sounds exactly like what they did. To experiment with programming I found an old 1224 and 816 - not sure if the MMCs are similar to the iDCS-16. i don't even know if they are, we have no iDCS documentation here and everything I've found online is a keyset user guide or a system admin guide. The system admin guide assumes (I assume) as you said the key has been set (by a Samsung tech) before an extender can be programmed by the user.

Last edited by Keyset6; 01/18/18 04:32 PM.
pvj Offline
That's what you said they did in the first post, swapped out phone types.
Your first step is to find out if the tech password is known. Then you can reprogram the extension.

Keyset6 Offline OP
OP Offline
The customer ordered a replacement 18D phone, I did previously tell him it could just be programming. I asked him to try Transfer 800 (would that apply to the iDCS?) and a few passwords. Unfortunately his former Samsung tech is no longer around. He can't see very well and isn't sure where the Transfer key is. He'll let me know when the phone arrives and we'll go from there. I've added phones and DLI cards to DCSs, would the MMCs be the same for the iDCS?

pvj Offline
The phone is not the problem.Yes adding /programming the iDCS616 is basically the same as the older DCS systems,the main mmc's will be identical

Keyset6 Offline OP
OP Offline
I mentioned to the customer I didn't think it was the phone, he got it today (no wonder why Amazon is doing so well!) and the results were as expected. I emailed the customer a photo of an 18D and where the transfer key is. Hopefully he can try to see if the tech password is known. His main issue was accessing the Auto Attendant menu, which at the moment he can't. I have no idea what keys were what .I can only guess one was VMADM, voice mail administration.

Seems the system isn't that old (compared to some I work on)... the documentation I've found was from 2005. Thanks for the help so far.

pvj Offline
If the voicemail is the built in Svmi2e ,then you will need to access it with a pc .Very basic /limited programming is available through a telephone using the system admin mailbox.

Last edited by pvj; 01/20/18 12:11 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,097 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,792 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 89 guests, and 251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024