web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
I have been asked to recommend a land line telephone for our church. I think the wants are beyond the capabilities of what we have. We have one line coming in to the building and the group wants to have the ability to route incoming calls to different people. I think that means incoming calls would be forwarded to different phone numbers. Anybody know of telephone hardware that will do this?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Online Content
Get a small phone system like the XBlue X16, if that's not what you're looking for many cordless phone systems have intercom capabilities. Personally I think the XBlue is a good fit for something like this.

Retired phone dude
https://www.ebay.com/itm/F208-Plus-...stem-Control-Exchange-2-X-8/222765628378

This item on Ebay is one of many similar small telephone systems available. They all seem to have the same "guts" but in different packages. They all come from China, and have either 220 or 110 volt power supplies, so be sure to order one with a 110 volt input. They all share the same programming and list of features, such as the ability to have the caller select what extension is desired (we call this the "automatic attendant" feature.) Search for "SOHO PBX" (Small Office Home Office Private Branch eXchange).

I have been planning to buy one or two of these small PBX's just to experiment with them, because occasionally one of my customers asks the same questions that you have posed. For less than $100, if you're willing to take a gamble, this might work for you. (If gambling is allowed in your church.)

A commercial telephone system that would do the same thing will cost many hundreds of dollars, and will need to be installed and programmed by one of us professionals. I don't often suggest that a customer try to do-it-themselves, but in this case, you might want to buy one and get a professional to make sure your wiring to the various extension phones is up to standards, and to help you program it to your requirements.

Arthur P. Bloom
"30 years of faithful service...15 years on hold"

Online Content
That's cheaper than the XBlue, by quite a bit. Best price I've found on the X16 is at Telco Depot I'm sure you can find them on ebay also. You do have to use the system phones or the adaptor for straight line phones, but there's a lot of features for a small system.

Last edited by justbill; 01/15/18 12:15 PM.

Retired phone dude
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Google "YourCityName Business Telephone System" and see what pops up locally. Call a couple of them and ask for someone to come out to discuss things. The prices won't be as cheap as the stuff mentioned above, but you'll get a phone system that meets your needs, installed and programmed with local support.

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
Although discontinued, the Avaya Partner ACS is a fine key system for Churches and small businesses. The cost of hardware has come down on the secondary market, and, you can direct connect devices such as corded/cordless telephones and fax machines without the need of purchasing adapters or specific modules.

If you are looking for the ability to add outcalling (if someone leaves a voicemail the system will autodial an external telephone number to provide notification) you will need to add another telephone line.

I Love FEATURE 00
Originally Posted by Arthur P. Bloom

This item on Ebay is one of many similar small telephone systems available. They all seem to have the same "guts" but in different packages. They all come from China, and have either 220 or 110 volt power supplies, so be sure to order one with a 110 volt input. They all share the same programming and list of features, such as the ability to have the caller select what extension is desired (we call this the "automatic attendant" feature.) Search for "SOHO PBX" (Small Office Home Office Private Branch eXchange).

I have been planning to buy one or two of these small PBX's just to experiment with them, because occasionally one of my customers asks the same questions that you have posed. For less than $100, if you're willing to take a gamble, this might work for you. (If gambling is allowed in your church.)

A commercial telephone system that would do the same thing will cost many hundreds of dollars, and will need to be installed and programmed by one of us professionals. I don't often suggest that a customer try to do-it-themselves, but in this case, you might want to buy one and get a professional to make sure your wiring to the various extension phones is up to standards, and to help you program it to your requirements.

Thank you for providing this information Art.

Patrick T. Caezza
Santa Paula, CA 93060
C-7 - Low Voltage System Contractor - Lic# 992448
OP Offline
Thanks for all the suggestions. Looks like they are all good ones. Someone suggested I look into a service called Grasshopper. Anybody heard of this?

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
I used to hear commercials for Grasshopper on Sirius/XM radio..."The entrepreneurs phone system" was the slogan.

The service allows users to send calls and whatnot to individuals smart phones. This feature is common amongst VoIP providers.

I Love FEATURE 00
Originally Posted by Arthur P. Bloom

This item on Ebay is one of many similar small telephone systems available.

Right now it looks like it is even less on Amazon;
https://www.amazon.com/KOOKYE-F208-Exchange-Telephone-Extensions/dp/B01HCUNDWC

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
2 members (justbill, Toner), 133 guests, and 244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024