web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I am a novice on these Officeserv systems, but I have a customer who has a 7100 system installed. It has an existing auto-attendant setup which just has a main menu with 7 options. They are splitting the company in to 2 divisions shortly and so they want to change it and have press 1 for company A and 2 for Company B, then a set of 5 submenu options under each company with options such as press 1 for sales, 2 for contracts, 0 to return to main menu, etc.

From what I can tell you have to setup the auto-attendant through the web interface and it appears it is currently set to forward to the relevant extension when someone presses a menu option. I am slightly confused over splitting the existing setup in to a main menu and 2 submenu's, can anyone advice how best to do this please.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Firstly, I'd use DM tool to do any of the programming. The web interface is a spotty interface. Next before you do get into this have you worked on this stuff before? It's not that hard to do depending on how it's setup now. You just have to remake the Day Main menu and then make 2 more Menu's, one for each company and then build off the sub options. What is the vm db looking like now? Do the lines ring directly to the Auto Attendant or do they ring the phones first?

OP Offline
Thanks for the reply, I am a novice but have done some work such as add cards to increase the number of extensions and a bit of configuration through the installation tool. It was initially installed by a telecoms company in 2012, but suspect it was never new from the start. I always make sure I take a backup of the current configuration before I touch anything on it, just in case something goes wrong.

Where would I like on the device manager for the day menu and how would I check if the auto attendant or the phones ring first. At the moment through the web interface I can find the options for the auto attendant, 1 for sales, 2 for technical, etc.and they seem to point towards a station group under mmc 4.1.1. if no one answers it then points to another ring group sequentially.

pvj Offline
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
Basically as mentioned above you need to take the existing day menu and press 1 for company A and 2 for company B
1 then goes to a new menu you create call it Company A
2 then goes to a new menu you create call it Company B

At that point Company A menu splits it out to the options you want and repeat for Company B menu
You will need to assign the routing of the sub menu on both Company menus and assign a greeting number to each menu.
It would take someone who does this 5 minutes to set up.But above is what you need to do.
You can easily see where the lines ring in mmc 406. But if they use auto attendant now they probably ring to 519 . The other thing is do they use a different day and night auto attendant?

If you use DM to program the auto attendant it is listed in there under section 8.Trunk ringing is I believe under section 2 call routing
I really only use a pc to program voicemail/auto attendant and backup the db.Prefer to program the phone settings from a phone.Just the way I learned the system way back when

Last edited by pvj; 03/10/18 01:29 AM.
OP Offline
Thanks for the info, when I look under mmc 406 it shows everything is pretty much ringing to ring plan 500 there are a couple of items that ring 505, but this is just a ring plan that lists 3 extensions which ring in sequence. There is nothing under mmc 406 pointing to 519.

They currently have a little unit plugged in to the officeserv box, which has a USB flash drive plugged in with the recorded message for the auto-attendant sytem. Device manager shows the software version of the officeserv box is V4.14.0, not sure if this has any bearing though on how the auto-attendant would be setup.

OP Offline
How do I point the main menu to the new sub-menus. I think I am pretty much there but can't see how to get the main menu to go to the sub menu.

Also how would I set up a menu option to repeat the options by pressing a key say 6?

It sounds like the incoming lines ring 500 then get transferred to the AA. From the main menu, you set option 6, go to, mnu, then select your new Menu that you created.

OP Offline
Thanks for all your help, I figured it out in the end, as I said I am a novice so all help is very gratefully received.

In the main day menu I deleted the existing options and pointed option 1 to the new sub-menu that I had created for company A (rather than an extension as it had previously been set to), then I repeated the process for option 2 to sub-menu for company B. To allow the caller to repeat the menu options I again just set the relevant key press on both sub-menus to point back to the sub-menus I had created.

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,695
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (dans, Toner, Curlycord), 106 guests, and 250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024