web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#619322 04/28/18 10:26 AM
OP Offline
I have a customer who owns a Macco dealership they have an Aspire M with Pots lines
They use Comcast

According to the customer the cooperate office can record all calls get reports on how many calls are answered, ect

there is no equipment on site

the local customer ordered the lines thru Comcast they pay the bill

The only thing I can think of it corporate does require them to install there MOH Source which is connected to the internet

just wondering

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I don't think it could be the MOH player, that just plays the corporate storecast. No way, through it's connection to the system MOH input, would there be any way for a player to receive any data from the phone system. Have you actually looked at the installation to see if there is anything unusual going on? Do the CO lines loop through the player maybe?

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Originally Posted by teldata1
According to the customer the cooperate office can record all calls get reports on how many calls are answered, ect
Do you suppose corporate tells that to all their franchises "to keep them in line"?

Dean
Photographs:
https://www.instagram.com/deanwilsoncanby/
https://fstoppers.com/profile/deanwilsoncanby
https://www.facebook.com/Dean-Wilson-Photography-112841337020414

Please don't confuse your "Internet Search" with my licenses, certifications and over 30 years experience.

"Thank you for calling Technical Support. If you feel you have reached this number in error, please hang up and press redial."
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Simple, its done in the Cloud, there are many Cloud provider that bridge on to the service provider and can do many things.

I can't believe that an account with the cable company that is set up and paid for by the customer is going to have the lines "tapped" by a third party. I seriously doubt that the cable company even has the facilities and smarts to pull it off.

Then I'm thinking - are the numbers owned by Maaco corporate? 800 numbers perhaps? I see that there is a 1888-MAACO-USA. The call goes to them first on the way to your customer. Looks like MAACO shops have their own local numbers though so I can't see that happening.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
I believe the end user gets additional IP address. The provider then uses them to access the system and provide the services.

I have no idea what an Aspire M is so I can't comment. Google only comes up with an Acer computer or a smart phone.

-Hal

Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Originally Posted by hbiss
I have no idea what an Aspire M is so I can't comment. Google only comes up with an Acer computer or a smart phone.

-Hal
TIE begat Nitsuko
Nitsuko's descendants are Ultracom/Mod-Key/Onyx... et cetera.
Which begat the i-Series (384i-124i)
Which begat the Aspire
Which begat us UX5000.

NEC Aspire

Dean
Photographs:
https://www.instagram.com/deanwilsoncanby/
https://fstoppers.com/profile/deanwilsoncanby
https://www.facebook.com/Dean-Wilson-Photography-112841337020414

Please don't confuse your "Internet Search" with my licenses, certifications and over 30 years experience.

"Thank you for calling Technical Support. If you feel you have reached this number in error, please hang up and press redial."
Ok, so after looking at the evil spawn of Nitsuko, I'm not seeing any capability to do that either.

So as it stands, if the caller calls Maaco via their 888 number and gets transferred to a local shop via one of their own numbers, yes the call can be monitored. Other than that Dean was right the first time.

-Hal

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
We have accounts that have listed local numbers that forward to a national call center, then come back to the local store front to be answered, all with Big Brother listening in, tracking abandoned calls, and all that data everybody seems to need these days. Causes no end of trouble with local switch settings, though, especially with disconnect supervision and other signalling. Makes blood come out my nose sometimes.

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,793 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 111 guests, and 241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024