web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Dave Me Offline OP
OP Offline
I want to change the ring tone from station to station. I'm really would like to find out how to do this from the administration page but I cannot find it. It seems like you can go to every station and push trans/pgm 1 (ring/newkeyset),1(sta ring type) and pick your tone. Is there a way to do this in station programming in the web app, instead of walking around to every phone? Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
I don't believe you can do it from Maint or Admin, but you can do it via the "User" web interface. Of course, you'll need to know each user's password.

Go to the web portal and input the station number and station password. In the top right-hand corner, click the *** and select "Classic Portal" (may say "Station Web (Old)" depending on the software version). Select "Station Attributes". You'll then find "Station Ring Type" and "CO Ring Type".

Where do I go for the user web interface, I've never used this function would be nice to start.

The IP Address of the phone system.

I know how to get to the regular programming through the IP address with the admin and maintenance tab, where do I go from there to log in to individual stations. Nvm I understand now, just type that in to the field where you would usually type in the system name and password. Thanks.

Last edited by simpsoncomm; 09/05/18 04:03 PM.
Dave Me Offline OP
OP Offline
On ip phones, type in the address of the phone. Digital phones don't have a web interface.

Originally Posted by Dave Me
On ip phones, type in the address of the phone. Digital phones don't have a web interface.

We were talking about the Station/User Web Interface on the KSU. Not the administration screen for configuring the IP phones.

Dave Me Offline OP
OP Offline
Hmm, didn't know you could do that. Now I'm worried that some one could "hack" individual stations with the default password if the port forwarding was in place. Can this portal access be disabled? I suppose shouldn't port forward port 80 to the phone system, but it's kind of convienient. Sorry for the misinformation in my previous post.

Dave,

Yes, unfortunately, someone can hack in using default passwords. I had that happen once. ;(

Under "System Data" --> "Station Web Authorization" you can change the call-forwarding (or any other setting) to N/A so that the user cannot change that particular setting. Just make sure that the Stations are programmed for Level 2 or Level 3.

You can also change the "Web Admin Login Failure count to block" under system attributes. This will slow a hacker down.

If you're going to forward port 80 from the outside, which is always desirable, then the best practice is to utilize the built-in "Access Control List" (System Data) to block everything but your office IP and the internal LAN, and whatever else you may need (SMTP, NTP, etc). Just a warning, if you don't allow the local LAN access, you won't be able to get back into programming.

Couldn't you change the port from 80 to a different port in the system attributes web server port its pgm 160-161 button 28

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  EV607797, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,709 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 120 guests, and 246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024