web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#622929 08/22/18 04:12 PM
OP Offline
I am having a problem with SLT ports in that I cannot break intercom tone.

They ring and the flash works fine, but no dialing out. I have experimented with timers Flash 01, btn 12 and Flash 02 btn 6.

Flash 50, pg b, button 1 is (6) SLT.

Any ideas?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

You have to hit 9 to grab an outside line if I'm understanding what is being asked. You could also change off hook preference so it grabs a line automatically, but then you wouldn't be able to call station to station. You can change that under flash 50 page b button ten change to flex button 1. You also have to program the very first button on the single line port (148 or 149) as whatever you want it to go off hook to. There's other ways to do it with co line codes also.

Last edited by simpsoncomm; 08/23/18 09:23 AM.
OP Offline
My problem is that I can't dial anything. If I press 9, or try to dial a station like 100, the system is not recognizing the dtmf. Whatever you press, intercom tone just continues.

If you've already tried a butt set and nothing happens and you cant dial out, if it was me I'd try a different single line card. If all the settings are correct that's the only other thing I can think of.

Are these the 2 onboard SLT ports or a a SLT card? Either way I would try a reset (Be careful the battery is good or you might be reprogramming) if that doesn't work swap the card. I'm gonna bet if you call one of those ports it doesn't ring either. I've seen this before and usually a reset fixes it. I would back it up first though.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
The "on-board" card for these two SLT ports does go bad, although I've only witnessed two of them. It is the half-height card almost all the way to the right in the card slots (it's a dedicated slot for only this purpose, labeled slot 02). This card contains everything necessary for the SLT ports to work; DTMF receivers, ring generator, etc. If it fails, the only option is to replace it, although those cards were never sold as a separate item. You'd have to get one from a refurbisher. As Oobie said, a hard power down will help to determine this, but be prepared to re-program the system if the memory battery hasn't been replaced by now.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
OP Offline
I actually already replaced the battery, and it has been through may resets due to bad battery. It does ring, just will not dial. I will look for a card. Thank you.

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,283
Posts638,765
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,446 Shoretel
188,303 CTX100 install
187,082 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (justbill, Toner), 143 guests, and 237 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024