web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I have a Valcom V-9927a that is used with our paging and bell system and want to use a windows program to provide the bell sounds.

I see that the V-9927A has a "signal in" for audio so I am figuring I can plug my laptop audio into that.

I cut open a spare stereo extension cable so I could have one end to plug into the laptop and the other end to wire with..

Which wire goes to which terminal of the two offered for signal in?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Look at the drawings on the next page of the manual. It appears it doesn't matter just so long as you use both 'Signal Inputs", I'm guessing it might be looking for a balanced signal.

Patrick T. Caezza
Santa Paula, CA 93060
C-7 - Low Voltage System Contractor - Lic# 992448
Why do you want to use your computer to provide the bell sounds? Isn't that what the Valcom does??

If you don't use the Valcom, eliminate it and connect your computer audio directly to your paging system.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Unless the Valcom is amplifiy the signal, or controlling it, like Hal said, why use it.

OP Offline
I can’t follow all the wiring...it seemed to me that the Valcom is providing the power to the speakers and also makes the tone when intercom is used.

As for why I want a computer for my bells — right now a relay that is connected to the Valcom does not allow me to do complicated schedules like every other day bells combined with other schedule.

Software scheduler on an old computer is much cheaper and easier to work with than any relay I could find that would let me do the schedules I need.

I would love to get rid of the Valcom completely but I just can’t follow the existing wiring well enough to get rid of it.

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
OP Offline
So of these wires:

red, white, and ground

[Linked Image from overclock.net]

Red and White to the two signal inputs and ground to the GND on the valcom?

Last edited by amateurhour; 08/26/18 04:33 PM.
No. Those are two unbalanced stereo outputs. The Valcom has a single channel (mono) unbalanced input. You don't want to connect the two (right and left) channels together to get an unbalanced mono output either (as I think you are thinking) because you risk damaging your computers audio output stage.

-Hal

Originally Posted by amateurhour
I can’t follow all the wiring...it seemed to me that the Valcom is providing the power to the speakers and also makes the tone when intercom is used.

As for why I want a computer for my bells — right now a relay that is connected to the Valcom does not allow me to do complicated schedules like every other day bells combined with other schedule.

Software scheduler on an old computer is much cheaper and easier to work with than any relay I could find that would let me do the schedules I need.

I would love to get rid of the Valcom completely but I just can’t follow the existing wiring well enough to get rid of it.

The Valcom V-99227a is just a tone generator. There is a paging amp somewhere being fed by it. No need to get rid of it.

I'm curious as to what the "relay" is that's triggering the Valcom now. There are lots of different products to trigger bells.

Hal's idea is an interesting one. You can do a lot of cool stuff with Arduino and Raspberry Pi devices, you just have to deal with the learning curve.

Moderated by  metelcom 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,708 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (Yoda, Toner, Curlycord), 135 guests, and 240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024