web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Ryan S. Offline OP
OP Offline
We just picked up a new customer with a Vertical Summit 500 system (We sell/service NEC not Vertical - but company that installed system went out of business so customer turned to us). I am able to get into the Vertical Summit Web Admin and poke around. I have the Summit & Summit 800 A&P manual but am having difficulty sorting out specifics on setting up a new Auto-Attendant. Is there a good help document any where that explains all the programming steps required to setup AA?

Customer is looking for what should be a simple solution:
24/7 AA (answers immediately)
AA answers and should have following options (I found PGM 228 CCR Table and have setup destinations there):
Press 1 for x101
Press 2 for x103
Press 3 for x104
Press 4 for x102

**System should then ring chosen ext. 4-6 times and then terminate in station's voicemail if unanswered.

Seems simple enough but since I am not well versed in Vertical programming, it is proving rather difficult to me. Google searches and searches here have turned up limited help thus far and incomplete information at best.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Ryan S. Offline OP
OP Offline
OK. I may have found what I need after searching these forums more.

Here are the steps I completed:

PGM 144 CO/IP Ring Assignment:
** Set Day to VSF, Announcement 1
** Set Night to VSF, Announcement 1 as well (Customer wants same greeting 24/7)

PGM 228 CCR Table:
** Set 1 Destination to Type: Station, Value 101 (for ext. 101)
** Set 2 Destination to Type: Station, Value 103 (for ext. 103)
** Set 3 Destination to Type: Station, Value 104 (for ext. 104)
** Set 4 Destination to Type: Station, Value 102 (for ext. 102)

Then went to x101 to Recrod AA Greeting:
** Dialed Trans/PGM
** Sys #: 001
** Entered Recording 1
Recorded Greeting.

All worked as expected so I suppose this was a pretty easy one to setup. There may be other options that need adjusted and/or this list might not be complete but, after initial testing, it looks like this is working.

Last edited by Ryan S.; 02/19/19 02:54 PM.
Ryan S. Offline OP
OP Offline
I got lucky in that when I called in to test, each choice did what I wanted. Each extension would ring about 4 times and when unanswered, went to voicemail for each of those extensions. I'm glad I didn't have to investigate any further but it has led to other thoughts/questions about the Vertical System that I still don't know:

Does each extension have a voice mailbox setup by default, or did the original installer have to setup each extension with a voicemail when system was installed?

Fortunately, each voice mbox had the password the same as the extension number or I would have had to dig deeper to find those settings in Web Admin as well.

I still don't know where I would have had to gone to setup Daily Schedules and where to adjust Day/Night settings on this system.

Each extension already had a Call Back Key SoftKey programmed so that I could retrieve the messages by Pressing that Key twice, then entering the password (same as ext.)

Voicemail is there by default but nothing will route to it, and some of the default vm cos settings will cause problems later on if not changed .
Station authorization code is where the voicemail password settings are.
Auto ring mode table lets you change the times for day and night.
Hope that helps.

Ryan S. Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks Simpson Communications.

If the customer would have wanted to have their phones ring before the AA answered, how is that done with the Vertical Summit?

Before I made the changes, they had PGM 144 set to ring a Station Group 401 (4 digital phones were part of that group). When I changed to full-time immediate AA, I set it to VSF, Announcement 1. I am used to setting up NEC systems to ring phone(s) and, if unanswereed, go to the AA. I didn't see how to set this up on the Vertical.

Ryan S. Offline OP
OP Offline
For a Delayed AA: If I'm understanding the Features and Operations Manual correctly, It looks like I would do the following for a Delayed AA (??):

PGM 144 - Co/IP Ring Assignment
** Set Day to * AA Ring Time - enter time in xx Seconds

The F&O manual states that: "the call will notify Stations assigned ring for the duration of the AA Ring time, then the call is routed to System announcement number 01."

Is it really that easy?
Where are the Stations assigned to Ring in this case before AA answers?

With the system in question, the Station Group 401 was originally what would Ring on incoming calls before I setup Day Ring Assignment to VSF 1. I have made no changes to that so I assume this is still the case that 401 is still what would ring first (??) since:

PGM 191 - Station Group Atrributes
was set to Group Type: Ring
Stations: 101 -104 are part of this group.

Am I missing anything else to get the system to Ring Group 401 for xx seconds, and then go to AA Announcement 01?

Last edited by Ryan S.; 02/20/19 09:53 AM.
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
To ring stations first you would use the preset call fwd capability of the station, send the AA call directly to the phone and the phone fwds to voice mail. All this is in pgm 120. Same thing applies to groups, phone or phones (depending on the type of group) ring for determined length of time then the group preset call fwd sends the call to announcement or another phone or group. Group preset call fwd is set in group programming. I think I have that correct, its been awhile since set that up.

Just as a preference I always started my auto attendant with number 2 not 1 if extensions started with digit 1, just to avoid the use of single digit timer or conflicts. The Summit is a bit better about that than other systems but I sill like to set it up that way.

Last edited by Derrick; 02/20/19 11:43 AM.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.

Moderated by  EV607797, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024