web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
We have three elevators in our building and our facilities manager wants to start using a new monitoring service. The elevator lines were set up before I got here, but from doing some digging in the CIX here is what is happening. The DN's are set up with emergency ring down enabled with a destination to a PhDN. When you call that PhDN you get the monitoring service. What I can't find is where I program the PhDN to ring to a different number. The PhDN has no owner, VM ID Code, or any other parameters filled in. Any ideas would help! Thanks!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I would guess that if you dialed that PhDN internal from another extension it will dial out to that external number. I would assume that someone setup call forwarding on that PhDN.
In a typical setup you would see Phantom DNs on a button on a phone (such as a reception phone) with the extension assigned as the owner, and call forwarding setup externally. This uses a button and leaves that phone always showing CF-External on the display.
In the past I tried to do this without an owner assigned to the PhDN setting the destination using remote CF All code #6012, but I was not able to get that working.

You could try setting up a new PhDN and using Remote call forwarding code #6012 to set a call forward destination and see it that works. I would try using a new Phantom as a test before changing the call forward destination on the working Phantom DN.

OP Offline
Great idea. I was thinking that may have been how it got set up, I'll give that a shot. Thanks for your help!

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,279
Posts638,739
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,291 Shoretel
188,176 CTX100 install
187,019 1a2 system
Newest Members
andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo, highlysecptial
49,763 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 15
teleco 4
jc2it 4
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
4 members (Memphisribs, teldata1, Toner, nonameyet), 96 guests, and 74 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024