Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
GCI MIS Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi,

First, I'd like to thank everyone who answer questions here, it has helped me tremendously.

My question is, is it possible to toggle an SV8100 system between day and night modes remotely, either through WebPro, PCPro, or dialing in to an admin phone?

Ralph

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Try this.. set up a one key dial to go to another routing table with it's own dial action table. in that table set unscreened trf to the access code for day mode and another one for night mode switching. Refer to it as an administrators menu. Call in press the digit for the admin routing table, then dial the digit for day or night mode. Keep in mind, if they are using automatic node switching, it will switch over at the pre-set time.

GCI MIS Offline OP
OP Offline
Great, that should work.

Followup question - I have an answer schedule set for 8 am to 5 pm, routing mailbox 1, and answer table 1 has default mailbox 2. Pretty standard. Manual night mode switching is on, automatic is off.
No matter if I set the system manually to day or night mode, which routing mailbox it goes to follows the answer schedule. Setting day and night mode seems to have no effect.

Is that right, or is there something I'm missing?

Last edited by GCI MIS; 04/03/19 05:48 PM.
Using basic day and night mode (modes 1 and 2) what you described is how it works.
Mode 1 is usually used for business hours, one phone or multiple phones will ring while in this mode.
Mode 2 is normally used for after hours, instead of ringing the phones in mode 1 the calls will now go to voicemail auto attendant, now it looks at the set schedule.
Changing modes will not change what greeting will be played in your setup.

Can multiple modes with different greetings (routing mailboxes be setup? Yes, up to 8 modes
Is it easy to setup? not the first few times.

We get old too soon, smart too late
GCI MIS Offline OP
OP Offline
OK, that's starting to make sense to me now - it takes a while for things to sink in sometimes. Again, I appreciate your help and explanations.

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,282
Posts638,762
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,436 Shoretel
188,272 CTX100 install
187,072 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 6
jc2it 4
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 76 guests, and 135 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024