web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#629191 04/17/19 04:30 PM
etdiego Offline OP
OP Offline
Is there a way to set the system to auto backup to a USB the database at a particular time say once a month or once every 3 months? I have tried to look this up but i just cant seem to find an answer.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I don't see why auto save option is feasible.
Anyone who has access to system programming should always do a backup before and after changes, copes of the backup can be saved.
The USB port in the CPU blade is for upgrades only.

We get old too soon, smart too late
Yeah what Dans said. Do you have remote access to it? Back it up every 3 months. Does the customer have access to the system and make changes? Make your back ups more often. If they don't you should be backing it up before you make a change and then once you are done making changes, this how we always handled them on any systems.

etdiego Offline OP
OP Offline
I actually would except for the fact that it is a 6 cabinet system, behind a secured network. To add more security they asked that the programming be not connected to the network and the serer blade it is connected to has and extended cable for the keyboard and monitor in another room (to allow for the person that makes the changes on site, "not a tech in any way" to make the changes). So they move stuff around and make changes and as long as it works, they ignore the backup. Worse yet, they are one of their farthest out customers 145 miles one way.

Have the system call you then. Setup the outbound IP connection and give it a feature code. You call them, they dial the code and the system calls out to a fixed IP and you backup with PCPro.

etdiego Offline OP
OP Offline
Sorry, I didnt specify. If I have to go out I have to direct connect via the network port on the CPU since they wont allow the unit to be connected to the network.

Simple then. They need to provide a DSL or something so you can get in. Just have your own little network. Sounds to me like they don't know WTF they are doing. Good luck with that. No idea how you have 6 cabinets with no networking on a 9100.

etdiego Offline OP
OP Offline
they are static ip on one small switch. it is due to the amount of analog and digital extensions. I appreciate the good luck. they have been a real headache. And you are correct, the dont know WTF they are doing and worse yet it they dont care to learn. I have basically resigned myself to calling them and telling one of them to go to the com room and do a check for me (I was doing this about once a month) and since they really dont undersand what they are doing i have them log in on the phone in order to force it to do a usb backup. Ill just continue to do that. Thanks for the help.

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024