web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
I have an SV8100 system with inmail card installed. programming has been done with the various groups etc as when I dial the inmail extension i am asked to enter the mailbox number. However, when I dial the mailbox number the prompt says "This mailbox does not exist". I have checked to make sure that the mailboxes have been enabled and set to personal etc in section 47-02. This actually happens by default anyway that a certain number is enabled. All was going fine until suddenly i tried to access a mailbox and the response was "This mailbox does not exist" System defaulted to no avail. Any suggestions please, thanks

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Do you have enough mailbox licenses?

OP Offline
Thanks Coral, where would I find this info in the portal? The mailboxes worked up until recently - nothing changed about system i am aware of to make this happen. Are you sure each mailbox requires an individual licence?

There is no license required for mailboxes on the SV8100, only voicemail to email licenses.
What is the software version?
What is the size of the system? (configuration)

What do you mean system defaulted to no avail?

You might have to re-boot the system

Last edited by dans; 05/02/19 09:58 AM.

We get old too soon, smart too late
OP Offline
Thank you Dan.

Yes as I thought there is no licence required.
Software is at 9.56 and is equipped with 6 digital users.

After suddenly entering 717 to access mailbox to no avail "That Mailbox does not exist" and doing some troubleshooting I defaulted the system and reprogrammed but still getting the same response. So in other words no admin tasks or logins are successful

The troubleshooting explaination for what I hear is that no mailbox is assigned to the extension but this is not the case as I have specifically checked this in 47-02

Cheers

Are you using Internet Explorer when you use WebPro?

Is 717 the Dept Group Number for the InMail?

Are you SURE you are using InMail and not a card level VM?

OP Offline
ive tried the programming changes with both

717 is the number an extension uses to access the mailbox belonging to its extension. regardless as to how i try to access the mailbox its same response. where before the mailbox would answer after a set number of rings it now instead says the call can not go through

there is a vm daughter-board installed together with the VM8000 for sv8100. what is a card level VM?

thanks again

You might want to see if you can get an NEC certified tech to look at this.

There are different VM you can have on the 8100.

Something doesn't sound right. What is 717? IS it an extension or a dept group number? You should be dialing the dept group number AND it needs to be programmed properly in the inmail settings. I mean you should be able to press the VMsg button on the display. If THAT isn't on the display you are not programmed correctly.

By default 717 is used as a service code.

We get old too soon, smart too late
OP Offline
yes 717 is the service code to access the mailbox directly of the extension its called from. My system is UK based software. regardless of what number i call to access voicemail i get asked to enter mailbox after which mailbox doesn't exist. they are all enabled as ive checked

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,694
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,704 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (teleco, BobRobert), 110 guests, and 254 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024