web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
mraikes Offline OP
OP Offline
I suddenly have two phones where users are unable to access their voicemail by hitting the VM button. Instead, the VM button dials another user's extension.

On the screen, it says "Call 5991-5940V" where the first number is user one's extension, and the second number is the extension called if user one hits his VM button.

I've been looking at campon and automatic call back, but neither seems quite the same - but I'm not very familiar with either one. Trying to figure out what's going on, how it happened, and how I prevent it from happening in the future. Any and all suggestions are deeply appreciated.

Here's pic of the screen

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Simple and common. Technically this is a message key, not a voicemail key. Someone else turned on this extension's message key.
What is the difference? Well if it was a voicemail key then it would always call the voicemail system. You will notice that this button does nothing while when it is not blinking.
Traditionally a lot of PBX systems have a message key. Another extension can turn on this key to request that the person calls them back. When that person calls back the 1st party, and the original person picks up the phone, then message LED should clear.

The easiest way to clear this is to dial the code #409 on the phone that has the blinking MSG key.

A Toshiba tech could change the settings to prevent this from happening. I disable this feature in every one of my installs if they have a voicemail system, and usually even if they don't.

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
As Newtecky said 5940 has sent a MW to the handset of 5991 by either dialing 5991 then 7 or 5991 and pressing the MW key
#409 will cancel all MW indications on the handset as there can be many "banked" up on the same handset.
You will also notice if handset 5991 presses the MW key and the call is answered at 5940 then the light would go out (unless there was many MW lights sent from the same extension then you have to reply multiple times until they are all answered)

That handset also has a call forward external set on it as well.
If you need to cancel the CF External dial #6051

Regards
Carl
mraikes Offline OP
OP Offline
This is very helpful, thank you both.

What setting should be changed to prevent this from happening again?

If it is a digital station - Program 200 FB 41 Activate Message Waiting - set to disable
If it is an IP station - Program 260 FB 37 Activate Message Waiting - set to disable.

mraikes Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you!

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Originally Posted by ToshiGal75
If it is a digital station - Program 200 FB 41 Activate Message Waiting - set to disable
If it is an IP station - Program 260 FB 37 Activate Message Waiting - set to disable.

Was going to suggest the same but ToshiGal75 beat me to it aok

Regards
Carl

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,710 CTX100 install
186,795 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 208 guests, and 238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024