web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#633488 10/26/19 10:20 AM
Southernphoneman
Unregistered
Southernphoneman
Unregistered
I have two questions how would you connect a nortel ata to a nortel 6x16? Then the 2nd question is would you be able to use a rotary dial phone within the ata?
Thank you

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

Former Moderator-Nortel
Former Moderator-Nortel
It has been a LOOONG time since I did all that - Old 6x16, & Rotary phone
But an ATA connects to a digital port just like a phone does.
Make sure it has 2 I/C.

What I am not 100% sure about, is if the New ATA2 units will work on the old system.
If it does not, you may need the OLD ATA units that are about 6-8 inches long and 4 inches wide.

I would also think that a rotary phone should just work on it.

AND I am sure that other techs will chime in if my memory is not that great.

If CON is the opposite of PRO
Then what is the opposite of Progress?
Admin
Admin
I never made a market in 616's, but it looks like you can. The * and # are replaced with 1 and 3 in the instruction set.

Carl

P.S. I remember boardhost.com from a million years ago. I think we hosted a Pana group from them.

Former Moderator-Nortel
Former Moderator-Nortel
OR maybe it is the other way around.
The OLD ATA does not work on the NEW system, but mayber the ATA2 New units will work on the old ?????????

If CON is the opposite of PRO
Then what is the opposite of Progress?
Admin
Admin
Found it. ATA

Let's see if Dean's lesson worked. The DR1 &2 doesn't work with ATA. It does with ATA2

Southernphoneman
Unregistered
Southernphoneman
Unregistered
I appreciate you guys and the help you all give,the model number of my pbx is NT5B01, and I should have thrown in the fact that I have VoIP (google voice) only and was also going to ask if my nortel pbx would have been able to convert the pulse dialing the same as a panasonic did but I was told that only the panasonic would do that,but I still might buy the ATA anyway.

Online Content
Need the Software info not the PBX info (actually called a KSU - Key Service Unit) .
Software is a cartridge in the top on the unit.

NTlayoff was partially correct the first time and that is:
- ATA2 does not work with DR1 Software
- Features available are dependant on the software version of the KSU

FYI - The NT5B01 is a NON-DS Cabinet meaning it does not support Disconnect Supervision which is required for Voice Mail systems and maybe Fax machines so that the 6X16 can release the call when the caller hangs up.
If you ever upgrade the software to DR5 then make sure it is NON-DS software version.
All NON-DS has black text and all DS has Turquoise/Teal text on the cabinets and software cartridges.

If you are needing to hook up a Voip line (SIP) then you need a converter for the trunk port such as a Mediatrix 4102 or alike.

6X16 Trunk ports dial Rotary by default and must be changed to Tone in Line programming.

=---()))))))))---=
www.curlycord.com
[Linked Image from telcopc.ca]
Toronto, Canada

Southernphoneman
Unregistered
Southernphoneman
Unregistered
Originally Posted by Curlycord
Need the Software info not the PBX info (actually called a KSU - Key Service Unit) .
Software is a cartridge in the top on the unit.

NTlayoff was partially correct the first time and that is:
- ATA2 does not work with DR1 Software
- Features available are dependant on the software version of the KSU

FYI - The NT5B01 is a NON-DS Cabinet meaning it does not support Disconnect Supervision which is required for Voice Mail systems and maybe Fax machines so that the 6X16 can release the call when the caller hangs up.
If you ever upgrade the software to DR5 then make sure it is NON-DS software version.
All NON-DS has black text and all DS has Turquoise/Teal text on the cabinets and software cartridges.

If you are needing to hook up a Voip line (SIP) then you need a converter for the trunk port such as a Mediatrix 4102 or alike.

6X16 Trunk ports dial Rotary by default and must be changed to Tone in Line programming.
Thank you sir for your response, I will get the software info very soon and will then post it.

Admin
Admin
I visited the OP's website link. He already has an ATA for dial tone. This is for rotary dial phones as extensions. Geeze, get a KXT-308 and let it give you 8 rotary dial to TT converters.

I remember what I hated about Nortel and their part numbers. Our host lists the 5b01 as a 616 DR5 with DS. USEDPH

However, thanks for the TEAL info. I still have a handful of T phones to unload for fun and profit.

Retired Admin
Online Thinking
Retired Admin
Originally Posted by Carl Navarro
Found it. ATA

Let's see if Dean's lesson worked.
See how good you learn?

Dean
Photographs:
https://www.instagram.com/deanwilsoncanby/
https://fstoppers.com/profile/deanwilsoncanby
https://www.facebook.com/Dean-Wilson-Photography-112841337020414

Please don't confuse your "Internet Search" with my licenses, certifications and over 30 years experience.

"Thank you for calling Technical Support. If you feel you have reached this number in error, please hang up and press redial."
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,695
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
4 members (Toner, curtonpond, Curlycord, Professor Shadow), 90 guests, and 241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024