web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Southernphoneman
Unregistered
Southernphoneman
Unregistered
I have hooked up a grandstream ht802 and have everything done up to FXS Port 1 registered, but can't get the pulse dialing to work on lets say a western electric 500 what have i done wrong?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

What's wrong is most if not all digital service won't accept pulse dialing, you'll nee to put a pulse to tone converter on it if you want to use your old rotary dial phone.

Retired phone dude
Southernphoneman
Unregistered
Southernphoneman
Unregistered
Originally Posted by justbill
What's wrong is most if not all digital service won't accept pulse dialing, you'll nee to put a pulse to tone converter on it if you want to use your old rotary dial phone.
A little while ago Carl Navaro said this device would work with pulse dialing, and according to this post in another forum its supposed to work.this link

Last edited by Southernphoneman; 01/10/20 04:03 PM.
Well it evidently doesn't

Retired phone dude
Southernphoneman
Unregistered
Southernphoneman
Unregistered
Oh well thank you anyhow

Moderator-1A2
Moderator-1A2
I have the HT702's and I can confirm they do work with pulse dialing, but they are extremely finnicky about timing. An electronic phone that pulse dials will almost always work fine, but mechanical dials are hit or miss. Typically it'll dial an incorrect number as opposed to not working at all. Having just looked at the link you posted, have you checked to see if it has the most recent firmware. First thing that caught my eye in that post was a note about needing a 2017 or later firmware.

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
I recently discovered that, when I connect a rotary dial Western Electric telephone to the phone port on the back of my Canon imageCLASS MF726Cdw all in one, the machine converts dial pulse to touch tone. The Verizon FiOS ONT in our house does accept dial pulse, so, if I ever chose to connect any of our rotary dial phones, they will work. smile

I Love FEATURE 00
Moderator-1A2
Moderator-1A2
Originally Posted by dexman
I recently discovered that, when I connect a rotary dial Western Electric telephone to the phone port on the back of my Canon imageCLASS MF726Cdw all in one, the machine converts dial pulse to touch tone. The Verizon FiOS ONT in our house does accept dial pulse, so, if I ever chose to connect any of our rotary dial phones, they will work. smile

I always thought the ONT's would only accept tone dialing. That's good to know.

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
I suppose the ONT can be optioned to accept pulse dialing. If so, our unit was set to allow it. smile

I Love FEATURE 00
Just a fyi, even if it doesn't support the rotary dial, you can fix set the number dialed by the hotline feature. This works well for much older phones including military field phones.

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (nonameyet), 110 guests, and 222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024