web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
PLEASE don't kill me for this one!!

So I have been put in a situation where I need to Evaluate several hosted phone solutions for a large logistics company that has dozens of ACD groups and Attendants. There is skill based routing and queuing for most of these ACD groups. There is a hosted AI IVR with full voice in the mix here also.

The company wants to look at using Microsoft Teams Voice, or other hosted, for a corporate solution and achieve the enhanced functionality that most hosted solutions offer. ( easy to deploy in remote locations, no hardware, no manual updates, technology for product always being developed) (Trying to be a little vague due to company privacy)

My thing is does it suck?????????? OR is it the greatest thing to sliced bread?

I'm old school and want an on prem solution with desk phones for all 500 plus agents, but with this influence they want no hardware liability unless it is absolutely necessary.

Has ANYONE had or know someone with any experience with Microsoft Teams Voice?

Thank you in advance!

As the great Bob once said, "Its a SWITCH its either OFF or its ON!"
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I would look to a company such as Mitel, for hosted phones because they have been doing voice for quite a while, whereas Microsoft is just jumping into the voice recently. I think that NEC and other long time brands have hosted solutions, but I know that Mitel does.

The Cloud is just someone else's computer!
1 member likes this: HutchComm
Microsoft is new to the phone business. The below link is a description of their product. You decide if that suits your customer:

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com...ble-in-the-u-s-on-april-1st/ba-p/1231698

You have like hundreds of choices when it comes to cloud. Choose wisely, a-lot of hucksters out there.

We've had mixed results with Mitel cloud. NEC seems to have very good products and support.

1 member likes this: HutchComm
I would stay away from Teams for ACD type applications. We've been using TEAMS/SFB for several years now. It works but lacks the most basic of PBX/Key system features

Admin
Admin
You might check out www.phoneiq.co. They have a feature rich set that offers a plug in for Salesforce locations as well as stand alone solutions.

Note: This is a .co domain not .com.

[Linked Image]
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Teams is a weak Voice product.
Mitel might be a good fit. If you would like, I can introduce you to my contact at Mitel

Adding to this conversation. I found https://www.call2teams.com/ but haven't looked at it in depth.

My customer has Teams and wants to keep the dial-in conference call feature, including a personal DID for most users. They are currently on the old Shoretel Sky platform managed by Mitel. In addition to desk phones, they have paging adapters, intercoms, and other SIP devices so the Microsoft phone system is out of the question.

Anyone have success integrating Teams with an on-premise or hosted solution?

Shawn
Absolute Communications, Inc.
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Teams works great with many Hosted providers . Not so much with prem . Teams is made for the cloud so stay with Hosted.

Moderated by  metelcom 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,710 CTX100 install
186,795 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Professor Shadow), 189 guests, and 235 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024