web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
ChrisRR Offline OP
Moderator-1A2
OP Offline
Moderator-1A2
Hey guys. Been building up an Asterisk system, and I'm looking for some T1 hardware. My Asterisk machine has a number of T1 ports available, and I would like to make use of them. I'm sure someone here has a Avaya (Lucent) Partner ACS T1 card and/or channel bank hardware around they aren't using. The T1 module would really clean up the wiring to the KSU, and the channel banks would help support my growing collection of vintage/antique phones.

Hit me up via PM if you'd like to unload any of this stuff to me.

Really like the ADIT-600 channel banks because of the small form factor and high channel density, but open to anything that works with the standard ESF/B8ZS framing/coding with CAS. (I think my asterisk interfaces will support Pri/Bri, but channel associated signalling is just way easier.)

Thanks for looking!

CR

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
Hey Chris!

A few things about the T1 module:

It wasn't very common.
It required Partner ACS PC Administration software for provisioning.
The module supports only 16 voice channels (9-24). 1-8 could be used for data if a CSU/DSU was installed between the LSP interface and the T1 module.

I Love FEATURE 00
Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
I checked ebay and saw four modules listed.

ChrisRR Offline OP
Moderator-1A2
OP Offline
Moderator-1A2
I saw them. I figured I'd see if anyone here had one before I sprung for one on ebay.

I was aware I needed the PC admin software. I have it.

All my lines come off a channel bank now anyway, I figured I'd simplify it a little. Asterisk will let me set up the span any way I'd like, so the fact that it doesn't use the first 8 channels is not a big deal. I'd be curious to know why they set it up that way, with the first 8 for data rather than the last 8. I'm sure there's a logical reason.

I have two four port T1 cards in my asterisk machine. I'm certainly not lacking for available channels. smile

Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
May have 1, I'll check.
How much on Ebay ?

ChrisRR Offline OP
Moderator-1A2
OP Offline
Moderator-1A2
Range between 55 and 70, with one oddball outlier asking an insane 250.

ChrisRR Offline OP
Moderator-1A2
OP Offline
Moderator-1A2
Made a deal for an ACS T1 module. Looking forward to experimenting with it. -Not looking forward to finding an XP machine to run the software.

Still on the hunt for a channel bank. All the cheap ADIT's on ebay are gone. Was looking at Adtrans. Any opinions on the TA-624? Saw a few, looks like they do more than I need, I just want the 24 voice channels.

ChrisRR Offline OP
Moderator-1A2
OP Offline
Moderator-1A2
Made a deal for an ACS T1 module. Looking forward to experimenting with it. -Not looking forward to finding an XP machine to run the software.

Still on the hunt for a channel bank. All the cheap ADIT's on ebay are gone. Was looking at Adtrans. Any opinions on the TA-624? Saw a few, looks like they do more than I need, I just want the 24 voice channels.

Look for an Adtran TA924. It's a great channel bank that's fairly simple to configure. It also gives you 4 T1 ports, 2 of which can be PRIs.

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
I used to install Newbridge Mainstreet 3624 channel banks. Pretty simple to program. thumbsup

I Love FEATURE 00

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,113 Shoretel
187,718 CTX100 install
186,811 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
pvj 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (ronaldjamesh, justbill, Touch Tone Tommy), 58 guests, and 423 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024