web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#639272 12/14/20 02:53 PM
Yoda Offline OP
OP Offline
BCM 450 v. 6 .

There is an existing T24 KIM unit attached to ext 266 that has been working fine for a long time. Customer wants to add another KIM to ext 282, which I did. The programming in the BCM says there is no KIM assigned to ext 266. The keys all have eternal dial numbers on them. I tried copying from ext 266 to 282 and got nothing.

If I assign a KIM to 266 (which already has keys programmed), will I loose what's on the KIM? Or should I assign KIM 1 to ext 282? Or just take the time and F*1 and put in each external dial number?

Thank you.
Jim

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

I am pretty sure you will not lose anything but you could test by programming a couple things on the new one then have that KIM assigned (and check Capabilities&Pref/KIM to see if populated) and if all good assign the other KIM too.

Best to always assign the at least the first CAP/KIM on a set when it is installed, also lets you move lines to it.

=---()))))))))---=
www.curlycord.com
[Linked Image from telcopc.ca]
Toronto, Canada

Yoda Offline OP
OP Offline
I suppose the original KIM was never assigned and just had external keys programmed onto it? Is the only thing missing by doing it that way, is that you can't add a line key? And can't copy to another set?

Last edited by Yoda; 12/14/20 05:23 PM.
Former Moderator-Nortel
Former Moderator-Nortel
For the T24 unit it has 2 configurations.

KIM and eKIM

The eKIM can have line appearances, Target Lines, and Hunt Group appearances.

If CON is the opposite of PRO
Then what is the opposite of Progress?
Too add..

In CAP Assignment section:
If you don't assign the KIM then it is in Ordinary KIM mode (OKIM)
If you do assign a KIM then it is now in Enhanced KIM mode (eKIM)

BEM Warning in CAP Assignment - when assigning a DN: "If the CAP/KIM set is changed, the new set and old set will reset when the session is closed"
I am guessing this means if you remove a KIM/CAP from one set and install it to the new set you assigned, this would then not apply to you if I read right as you are not relocating.

I would assign only the new set in CAP Assignment, then try the copy from old to new (via BEM and not telset), if it takes then proceed to assign a CAP/KIM to the original DN.

This is really for a reception or backup reception set that has a lot of lines when it comes to T series phones, for IP sets it's almost a must since they have only 2, 4 or 6 buttons on the phone models.

Last edited by Curlycord; 12/14/20 11:25 PM.

=---()))))))))---=
www.curlycord.com
[Linked Image from telcopc.ca]
Toronto, Canada

Yoda Offline OP
OP Offline
I did as suggested and no problems losing any button programming. But I couldn't copy from the original KIM to the new one. Even after assigning each of them to an extension. So I just did each key individually on the new one. From the BEM. Done.

Thanks for all the help.
Jim

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,710 CTX100 install
186,795 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Professor Shadow), 206 guests, and 236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024