web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I have a sub with a ctx 100 system. I added a new line, line 5, to the system yesterday for one specific extension. The ext. is cf-bna to the voice mail system, ext 555. Calls coming in on lines 1-4 call forward to vm as they are supposed to. Any call coming into that ext. on line 5 just rings and never forwards. Any ideas?

Last edited by Duane F.; 01/14/21 07:16 PM.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

There should be a setting to configure line 5 as DIL (direct inward line). Note: I'm not sure if this is Toshiba's description.
I'm more familiar with the NEC systems, we configure the line as DIL we enter the extension number giving the extension owner ship of the line so it will forward into the user mailbox instead of AA.

I hope the info above will give you a clue what to look for in the CTX100

We get old too soon, smart too late
In Toshiba, they call it DIT, Direct Inward Termination (Prg 310 under Trunk assignments). It is pretty much the same thing as the NEC. You can also assign the extension as the owner of that line in the Key assignments. When an extension is an owner of the line, then the calls will forward based on the user's call forwarding. In either case, the calls will go to the user's voicemail box and not the AA.

Last edited by newtecky; 01/15/21 04:56 PM.

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,709 CTX100 install
186,795 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 128 guests, and 243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024