web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
pvj Offline
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
Yes it will you never mentioned anything about this

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OP Offline
OK so now when i dial customer access code to offsite voice mail it does not seem to work??
I thought they had AA with VM but now I get stutter dial tone??

Telesystems technician
OP Offline
now when i touch the DSS keys for 201, 202, 205 it says unavail.cbt ??

I did stupidly change keys from restore to save in section 721

OK I did go back in and add 2 call keys

But is it stupid to go into MMC 721 and change keys from RESTORE to ??
Thank you

Last edited by Telesystems; 03/10/21 08:17 PM. Reason: more info

Telesystems technician
pvj Offline
First thing, more information is better than less. We can't tell how you want it to work or whether you use auto attendant or live answer or..... you get the idea.

You have to have at least 1 Call key to intercom or use trunks that you don't have a dedicated DT key for.

So how do you actually want it to work?I can't tell you how it used to and I also can't tell what the voicemail auto attendant is going to do or what's in it.

Basically this is how I usually set this up.

Let's assume you want the phones to ring on an incoming call and if not answered in 15 seconds that the callers go to an auto attendant.
Let's say you want ext 201 and 205 to ring on an new incoming call.

So in mmc 406 you set the day ring to 501
In mmc 601 you setup group 501 as type Normal set the members to 201 and 205 set the ring type to unconditional and set the next to 529(that is usually the voicemail group) and set Overflow to 015
Next you need to make sure in the voicemail does NOT have an extension or mailbox for 501 delete it if you have to.

If you do all that then you can test it out even internally by dialling 501 from any internal phone. Ext 201 and 205 will ring for 15 seconds then the auto attendant greeting will play.
Of course like I said I can't tell you what groups were being used before or not but that will probably do what you want.

Is the AA supposed to answer immediately or after a few rings? If immediate, then 406 should be set to 509... If after a few rings then you need to setup the overflow for 501 to 509 after so many seconds of ringing. Make sure all your extensions still have at least 1 call button. Otherwise they will not be able to intercom each other.

What would cause a phone to keep dying? On the samsung Office server 100 Changed cable wire it worked fine for a day then quit change ports worked ok but was ext 207 they wanted it to be 202 so went back out and renumbered 207 to 202 after a few days it went out dont think its the cable they have a fax working off of the same cable and worked for a day there too Changed jack and cable pair. Never had this happen before. The auto attendant after 7 rings and the phone 202 is the one that I'm having the problem with is the general mailbox. but they would like to have would like 201 to be the general mailbox

pvj Offline
Have you tried swapping 2 phones to see if the problem is a phone? To try that, swap 2 phones of the same phone type otherwise you will default the key programmimg.

To change the general mailbox phone will like I mentioned require you to connect a pc to the SVMi card serial port and program it.It's hard to say how they are getting the messages to the general mailbox without seeing the routing screen.How do callers get to the general mailbox?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,111 Shoretel
187,716 CTX100 install
186,809 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
pvj 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Curlycord, OBT), 67 guests, and 413 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024