web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#642694 05/04/22 10:22 PM
Yoda Offline OP
OP Offline
Last week I ran into two BCM’s that would not backup with Element Manager. One was a BCM 50, another was a 450.

Used a Windows 10 laptop that had backed these up before. This time, however, I select “backup to My Computer”. It gives me the standard warnings then starts a progress bar that just sits there. The next step should be to choose where I want the backup file to go on my computer, but it never gets to that. I have to kill the Java process in Task Manager to get out of it.

I am able to backup to the BCM and to the USB drive in the BCM. Just not my computer. Strange for sure.

Jim

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

Hi Yoda

What release are the BCM's in question?
What version BEM are you using to connect with?

Have you tried another patch cord?
Did you reboot the BCM's?
Did you check the Alarms for anything suspicious/related?

Try another laptop, I keep a Win XP handy.

Alarms tip of the day
Often the count is set to too low, I always bump the alarms to 1000 in Alarm Settings.
IP sets can hog the log with those alarms starting at 50501 Packet Loss, ending at 50511 Listening R factor - Disable them from GUI View if need.
I cannot recall with R5 but with R3 and under, a reboot will clear the alarms from the GUI View so always review first before rebooting.

=---()))))))))---=
www.curlycord.com
[Linked Image from telcopc.ca]
Toronto, Canada

Admin
Online Happy
Admin
Win XP is definitely your friend when working with Element Manager or the old Call Center Reporting stuff!

[Linked Image from web.atcomsystems.ca]
Looking for a VoIP Phone Canada provider? Put Atcom's valuable VoIP expertise to work for your business today!
Yoda Offline OP
OP Offline
The BCM 450 is R6.
The BCM 50 I will have to check when I go back. A later version, I believe. I'll also reboot them when I visit next time.
Strange thing is that these both backed up ok to this same computer at one time before. I'm thinking it might be a windows update that blindsided me. I'll look into it more.

Jim

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,709 CTX100 install
186,795 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 106 guests, and 237 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024