web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#639540 01/12/21 09:05 AM
OP Offline
Does anyone know if 5.03 corrects 2 issues:

Can't break dial tone on trunks and date changes.
Can't access voicemail. Requires reboot.

Seeing lots of these lately. Thanks.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

for can't access VM. I had that issue in the logs it said VM read only something to that effect. Had no access to VM or Messages whatsoever or record any messages.
I shut down the system pulled the SD card blew some air in the slot put the card back in restarted system and VM worked like it supposed to.

My theory is the space around the SD card air is pulled in by the cooling fan and over time dust gets in that area. I think the sensor that detects wether the SD card is locked or not is like and optical sensor if thats the case than some dust could cause the sensor to think the write protect tab is enabled thus killing the VM.

This is just a theory but doing this worked for me. I see the date of this post most likely you found a solution and it was something else would like to know how you fixed that issue so i can learn if it happens to me like it happened to you thank you

I'm assuming you're using analog trunks. I believe that issue was corrected in 5.01 so assumingly 5.03 does the same thing.

As for the VM issue, that's been a recurring thing for me on systems that I have port forwarded. Seems like it gets FTP floods and makes the VM non responsive, then have to reboot the system.

We had issues similar at one point. We just had to stop port forwarding to the VM on FTP, etc. We just now connect via VPN and go from there, or go on-site when needed.

No, Version 5.03 does not fix the date trunk issue. I had to replace the battery on the MP10a and that seems to have fixed the issue. These batteries are a PITA to solder onto the board. But my client has not had the issue in over a year now. They were having the issue every two months or so prior to. Just my two cents.

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
You didn't mention the system version you have in your post, but the MP20 processor had a run of iffy components that had somewhat faulty connection points for the SD card. Usually, just removing and reinserting the card fixed the VM problem you mentioned.

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.
Has anyone got the procedure to change the password to log onto the DM tool via the SIO cable on version 5.01

ScottRSA
Moderator-Samsung
Moderator-Samsung
I'll send you a pm

Hi Man ,

Could you send me also ?

Thanks

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024