web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Bob-o Offline OP
OP Offline
Good morning, all--

I have a lot of 1A2 fires burning in the old system, some of which I've solved, others I haven't been able to. This is one of them.

I have a 1008B adjunct rotary (from the Autovon days and setup). It's a basic rotary that sits next to the touchtone phone, nothing out of ordinary other than matching up W/W/B/G to a different color cable coming out. Thankfully there's a BSP available and I have that.

When you hook up the rotary connections to the touchtone phone, the connection pulses, but doesn't inturrupt the dial tone. In fact, you can hear the dial tone through each pulse. From what I've been able to read, a normal rotary would be hooked up to F/RR, and GN/R terminals. The touchtone 2564 phone doesn't seem to like that.

Is there a modification that needs to be made in order to interrupt the dial tone and pulse the line? I've been studying all the schematics for the 2564, 564, 2500, 500 phones and I still come back to these terminals as where they're supposed to be, but I don't fully understand the touchtone side of the house--are there terminals to hook up to that bypass that portion of the set?

Thanks in advance!

Bob

Nothing ever happens if you don't show up!
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Bob-o Offline OP
OP Offline
So to give an update—I did an experiment and just hooked up the rotary adjunct to another rotary set, and realized that both rotaries have to be in series with each other, not parallel. So I made progress and got two rotaries to operate properly on one set. Then when taking that logic over to my 2565 set, hooking up exact way in series, it didn’t like it (volume was muffled until contact was made in rotary, etc). Long story short still looking for a work around. In the BSP it does say some modifications to make, but they are modifications to an autovon set which I don’t have.

Bob-o Offline OP
OP Offline
All figured out, got it working nicely, disregard.

Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Well done!

Sam

"Where are we going and why are we in this hand basket?"

Moderated by  ChrisRR, EV607797, Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,796 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (hitechcomm, nortelvoip), 164 guests, and 240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024